anyone live near California University?

pattygrow5(z6Pa)August 6, 2005

I am going to band camp there as a chaperone for my daughters band I will have some down time would love to visit someones garden but only if you are close and I can walk don't drive LMK. patty

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amy_z6_swpa

I live 2 minutes from there, and I also work there (went to school there too LOL). My garden is not really worth visiting, though, it does not have a design to it. It's just a big mass of perennials and a few annuals. :)

Bookmark   August 6, 2005 at 11:35PM
CarolnWbg(z6PA)

I understand that there is a demonstration garden on the campus at CU. Some of our Master Gardeners have done hours there working in that garden. Don't know the exact location but the campus isn't that large, maybe someone could direct you.

Bookmark   August 8, 2005 at 10:27AM
amy_z6_swpa

Yes, the demonstration garden is in the center of campus, in front of Noss Hall. That one has been there several years. I also recently noticed a new one being started at the back end of the chemistry building (New Science building).

Bookmark   August 12, 2005 at 11:54AM
amy_z6_swpa

Update: this campus is a disaster. The original demonstration garden is now gone. The 2nd one still exists though, near New Science. They tore out a great row of spruce trees that used to be nearby, where lots of birds used to spend time :( they also tore out a planter wall I used to enjoy, near New Science.

The campus is a wreck (10 million construction projects going on) and they started a lot of it just this past week, days before school is about to open again. Dumb.

Bookmark   August 18, 2005 at 12:55PM
More Discussions
Cold hardy cacti
What are some types or perennial cacti that are hardy...
chel12vuk
Great full shade evergreen suggestions?
I currently have china boy holly to the left of my...
BloominOnion
Rain Rain Go Away...For Just a While.
I love rain as much as the next gardener, waters your...
portia
Herb Shops in S.Central PA?
I seem to remember there being one along Rt. 81 an...
eibren
Gardenweb MidAtl Swap May 10
Hey southeast PAers who are close to the Maryland line,...
sujiwan_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™