Golden Chain Tree losing leaves

SallyT(z6 PA)August 20, 2007

My golden chain tree has been losing it's leaves for quite some time now. It does this every summer and makes quite a mess. Does anyone have a tree that does the same or knows why it drops it's leaves so early? Thanks for any responses.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floragal(z5 PA)

A friend of mine (in zone 5) pulled her golden chain tree out because of the very same thing. I think they're just messy trees.

Bookmark   August 23, 2007 at 3:11PM
ultragirl6(6 PA)

I bought mine at Walmart in 2003 and it never flowered and this spring it totally freaked out. Now it's just a stick with some funky white fungus thing up and down it's trunk. I need to tear it out of ground now but scarlet runner bean vines are using it as their pole.

Bookmark   September 8, 2007 at 12:04AM
SallyT(z6 PA)

Most of the leaves are dead or have fallen off but now there are new ones growing. It has flowered for years but seems to drop it's leaves really early, especially this year. Maybe it was due to our lack of rain. Thanks for your responses.

Bookmark   September 12, 2007 at 8:55PM
stimpy926

We are at the lower end of the hardiness * range for Laburnum, and it doesn't do well with our heat. It grows better up north. I have one, it looses it's leaves every summer, then grows more, before going into dormancy, finally, in late fall. It does not matter how much water it gets.

Here is a link that might be useful: * zones 5b thru 7

Bookmark   October 1, 2007 at 11:22AM
More Discussions
spotted lanternfly found in PA - FYI
Earlier this week a few townships in Berks County were...
woodsidetrader
Planting a Fall Garden
Hey Everyone, I was looking through the old posting...
dwoodley2010
Need suggestions for fast growing hardy privacy shrubs.
I'm looking to plant some privacy shrubs in our backyard...
Jsc12
Backwoods Garden
Hello all, I have been trying to Garden in the woods...
Mikie1856
Seedless Grapes
Has anyone has any success with seedless "table"...
nick_17815_pa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™