Looking for Passiflora sanguinolenta

thahalibut(Z-9 CA, SSZ-9)March 17, 2010

seeds, plants or cuttings. Or maybe a different passi?

Need 10-15' NO bigger, will only get afternoon sun, longest bloomer through the season.

tia

tim

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mark4321_gw

During much of the year it's available from Annie's Annuals. In the Bay Area (and now L.A.) you should be able to special order the Annie's P. sanguinolenta through many of the local nurseries for a good price. Here's a list of nurseries that carry Annie's plants:

http://www.anniesannuals.com/info/outlets/buy.htm

However, it's not currently on Annie's list of currently available items. If you can't find it that way contact me and I'll pop a cutting in an envelope. It's one of the easiest Passifloras to root.

Bookmark   March 18, 2010 at 1:40AM
jblaschke(8b TX)

Folks on here might be able to trade cuttings once the weather warms up some more. Mine died last fall, unfortunately (overwatered--my bad). They're insanely easy to root. I stacked one on top of another for a couple weeks because of a space crunch, and by the time I moved it, it had rooted in the lower pot and sprouted. Of all the little decalobas, this one's a fave.

Bookmark   March 19, 2010 at 1:13PM
thahalibut(Z-9 CA, SSZ-9)

mark4321, I am getting one in a week or 2 from another member, so I don't need one any more. Thank you very much for the kind offer. I am just north Sacramento & there aren't any nurseries close that carry annies plants, I sure wish they did though.

Thanks

Bookmark   March 21, 2010 at 11:36AM
More Discussions
Passionflower never bloomed in 3-4yrs
I was given a Passiflora vine about 4yrs. ago. I am...
rcharles_gw
Plant Passion Fruit Seeds in Comntainers
I have purchased purple passion fruit seeds for planting...
charlieboring
Passion flower not making flowers!
Hello all! A few years ago I bought a grafted black...
patchyjack
Passiflora x 'Marijke''
Winter bloom of P. x ''Marijke:
bobich2
Prepare Banana Passion Vine seeds for sprouting
There is so much conflicting info on the web. Do I...
MrsLizzyNorCal Suns17-USDA9b
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™