passiflora runners

angie83(9)March 27, 2007

I have a incense and was able to get only 1 cutting to take but in the mothers pot I see many babys popping up I tried to dig one up but the roots go all the way to the bottem of the pot will it live if i cut it off from mother with only a few roots.I love this plant and would love more last year the cats ate it to the ground so I knew I would never get a seed when I couldnt even get a full flower the cats ate every flower in half hehehe

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floridabear(10b)

In MY experience..THAT vine is a weed and is so VERY hard to kill. I made the mistake of planting it and ended up with it in my lawn and in my neighbors lawn! Then it got attacked by some kind of catapillar and it was gone. But I am still pulling up sprouting roots nearly 2 years later. It is thriving in a neighbors year! So..I think if you get a few roots on a cutting and plant it as deep, in a small pot,with good light soil...it should root and take off ,fast!

Bookmark   March 28, 2007 at 7:04AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jblaschke(8b TX)

Digging up the daughter plants are the quickest and easiest way to propagate incarnata--easier than seed, even. Repot the root cutting and it should do fine.

Bookmark   March 28, 2007 at 1:49PM
More Discussions
Where to buy?
Can anyone suggest a place to buy passion flower vines...
jwink246
P. caerulea x loefgrenii
I realized this is basically the same mix as 'Lunametista'...
morningloree
Passiflora 'Preciosa'
Fruit finally ripened- will check for seeds in a few...
passiefarm
Passionflower never bloomed in 3-4yrs
I was given a Passiflora vine about 4yrs. ago. I am...
rcharles_gw
Incarnata fruit varieties
Are there any P. Incarnata varieties that have been...
tjasko
Sponsored Products
Runner: Area Rug: Floor Mat: Savonnerie Red 3 Piece Set Contains 5' x 7',ching 2
$59.97 | Home Depot
Cutlery Runner
$34.95 | FRONTGATE
Colonial Mills Deerfield Indoor/Outdoor Braided Area Rug - Deep Russet Multicolo
$22.98 | Hayneedle
Home Decorators Runner: Scrolls Black 2' 3" x 10'
Home Depot
Red Felt Table Runner
Overstock.com
Couristan Lagash Natural Rug Multicolor - 5517/5072-2.6X4.6
$149.00 | Hayneedle
Natures Elements Skyview Denim 5 Ft. X 8 Ft. Rectangular Rug
$149.00 | Bellacor
Westport Stripe Beach Grass Washable Bath Runner
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™