organic feed stores

StudentOfSoilAugust 17, 2012

I'm looking for an animal feed store where i can find things like 50 pound bags of organic soybean meal, kelp meal, greensand, alfalfa meal, diatomaceous earth, etc. I'm in Allegheny County in western PA but am willing to travel. Thanks for any help!

SOS

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mike Larkin

Saw this posted on another forum

you should be able to find organic poultry feed somewhere near you. Contact the Pennsylvania Organic certification organization. They should be able to refer you to certified feed mills in the state.

I used to buy Cargill organic feed from D & L Enos in Sugar Grove, PA, but I'm not sure they still carry it. You may be able to find a feed store that can order it, although around here it runs $25 for a 50# bag. Lakeview Organic Grains (http://www.lakevieworganicgrain.com/) located in Penn Yan, NY) has weekly deliveries to Western NY and I believe they also deliver to locations in Pennsylvania as well. I've been pleased with the quality of their feed and their service.

You might also contact Fertrell. They are based in Pennsylvania and provide organic minerals for animal feed. They likely know who the organic mills are that carry their products

Bookmark   August 31, 2012 at 8:22AM
More Discussions
no acorns / no hickory nuts (Berks Co)
our yard is surrounded by 3 acres of woodland. normally...
woodsidetrader
What is this little red berry?
Can someone please tell me what this little red berry...
zBernie
Rain Rain Go Away...For Just a While.
I love rain as much as the next gardener, waters your...
portia
Gardenweb MidAtl Swap May 10
Hey southeast PAers who are close to the Maryland line,...
sujiwan_gw
bamboo
Does anyone in Southeastern pa have any bamboo they...
seydoux
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™