i am getting a little rain

helenh(z6 SW MO)September 16, 2013

I hope it continues. I have been trying to keep my azaleas watered and also the lettuce. I water the tomatoes that have lots of big tomatoes on them not the vines that are looking ratty. I have been able to give tomatoes to my regulars so far but I don't know if I'll have many next weekend. I have lots of sun burn and some worm holes. I probably should spray. The rain and cooler day is very welcome.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a(6a)

Same here Helen. We got about 1/4" yesterday but a nice 1 1/2" last night. It was sure badly needed.

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 8:40AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

Our grand total was barely over an inch but it looks like there's a pretty good chance of rain tonight and in the morning. I wouldn't mind a little more but I haven't been having to water anything except the pots on my patio. Except for those, I think it would be safe to put my garden hoses away for the season.

Bookmark   September 19, 2013 at 7:22PM
gldno1

Good new here about rain.....first we got the 1/4 inch and then last night another 2 + inches! Just delighted.

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 7:05AM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

In the first rain I got 1/4 inch and l.l inches last night. My cute little weather guy said on the noon news - thank goodness the rain has moved out and we will have a nice day. I may e-mail him about his being so glad the rain is gone although he doesn't make the weather. I like him so I would be nice.

My tomatoes are winding down-lost foliage to bugs and my clearing so I can see snakes caused sun scald and worm holes plus getting smaller because of no rain. I need to spray for worms but I'm not in the mood to fight them. The last couple of years the early frosts were in mid October and I'm in a valley so they get me.

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 2:38PM
gldno1

Helen, I feel the same way when they complain about rain on the weekends....I want to yell "we need the rain!" My sis and I have laughed about how gardeners and farmers are so affected by the weather and talk about it incessantly. Sometimes she and I will call each other if we get rain.....she lives near Des Moines, Ia and they have been extremely dry most of the summer.

Bookmark   September 21, 2013 at 7:05AM
More Discussions
Planted some seeds
I finally got part of my plant light stand cleaned...
gldno1
Elderly gardeners
Dup post...didn't show up for me and I reposted...pls...
dbarron
New plantings
As you may (or may not) be aware, I moved to Springdale...
dbarron
Whatever happened to Springfield Seed?
Not sure that's the right name but the one that was...
christie_sw_mo
Joplin Globe column for Sunday Feb 8
I keep forgetting to post my column on here. Hope you...
mosswitch
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™