Buddleia Seedlings

vlf4230(z6 Pa)September 9, 2006

We have an outdoor faucet near some buddleias and all this spring I've been pulling out slews of some odd looking weed that have been popping up. With the dry spell and then the heavy rains I skipped pulling them for a few weeks. Last weekend I went to pull them and realized that they were little buddleas. Atleast a dozen or so that are 5" +/- tall.

Should I dig them up and bring them inside for next year? Just leave them in the ground? cover them with mulch when the frost comes?

They are right up against the house in a spot that gets morning and early afternoon sun, sheltered from the wind and even gets some warmth from the dryer vent nearby.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jim

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dirtdivarocks(z6 SW PA)

I get them all over, too. I wouldn't bring them in, just leave them alone. Next year you can decide what you want to do with them. You might want to trade them or just move them to another spot. Just my 2 cents.

Bookmark   September 9, 2006 at 10:08PM
Pipersville_Carol(z6 Bucks PA)

Another vote for leaving them in the ground.

I wish I had buddleia seedlings, that's a nice freebie. They're expensive at nurseries.

Bookmark   September 20, 2006 at 12:39PM
pondgaly

You may all wan't to know that Buddleia is on the list of invasive plants. Talk to someone in your extension office. Awonderful alternative is Eupitorium, good old Joe Pye Weed. You can'not beleive th amount of butterflies it attracts. Far more than any Buddleia, It is also a tall and statley Native,

Bookmark   October 6, 2006 at 6:23PM
More Discussions
Help with walkway plantings!
I've done so much research and am trying to figure...
BloominOnion
spotted lanternfly found in PA - FYI
Earlier this week a few townships in Berks County were...
woodsidetrader
Success of Crape Myrtle in South Central PA
Was wondering if anyone had success in South Central...
Fern2002
Evergreen Bayberry for PA (6B or 7A)
Hello, I've searched through the forums looking for...
labfm
Vegetable planting dates guide for 5b
Does anyone have a link to a guide for vegetable planting...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™