where can I find black plastic containers cheap

farfraeSeptember 20, 2008

I am dividing a lot of perennials for myself and some folks at work. I have run out of containers that I saved. Are there any garden centers in the Lancaster, PA area that would part with some of their black plastic containers for free or say a token price of 10 cents per container?

I went to SKH (Lititz location) this morning and they were willing to part with some for $1.00 each, used containers no less. I said "no thanks". This makes me less enthusiastic about their prices and all the plants I bought over the years.

I wanted to get this project wrapped up but it may have to stretch out over this week. I'll use small cardboard boxes if I have to.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MollyDog(6 PA)

Too bad you don't live closer to Chambersburg...I have quite a few saved up. I usually take them to the Amish nurseries after I have a stack.

Bookmark   September 22, 2008 at 7:58AM
goblugal(7)

If you are still looking, head over to River Road Produce on 441 between Marietta and Bainbridge. Wes will be more than happy to let you take his used pots. I think he is closing November 1st.....

Bookmark   October 29, 2008 at 12:17PM
kimbra8

I got a couple free from the Stauffers in Rohrerstown.. I think it might depend who you ask in the nursery.. some of the clerks looked at me like I was nuts and some looked at me like they didn't know what I was talking about.. I found them up by the checkout near the information desks.

Bookmark   October 31, 2008 at 9:00PM
rebow(6 Philly)

www.recyclingservices.org

This place is a treasure trove of repurposed stuff. they recycle everything and people bring in household items to resale. There is a big section of plastic pots in the corner of the property. It's in Pottstown right off of 422.

Bookmark   December 15, 2008 at 1:11PM
ajpa(z6 se PA)

Someone used to give me plants from her garden just in a grocery plastic, double-bagged, watered.
Kind of forced me to plant them right away.

Bookmark   December 15, 2008 at 1:22PM
More Discussions
no acorns / no hickory nuts (Berks Co)
our yard is surrounded by 3 acres of woodland. normally...
woodsidetrader
What is this little red berry?
Can someone please tell me what this little red berry...
zBernie
Cold hardy cacti
What are some types or perennial cacti that are hardy...
chel12vuk
Live oak
Hello, I may get no replies on this, but I am curious...
poaky1
Great full shade evergreen suggestions?
I currently have china boy holly to the left of my...
BloominOnion
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™