Did you notice the snow?

scrappyjackOctober 12, 2006

Hello from Forest Co.! We had our first "snow" of the season. It was rather wet but it was snow!

Spent the afternoon gathering firewood, and had just put a fire in the fireplace since we're suppossed to get a killing frost tonight.

Now i'm making a chicken pot pie with the last peas picked from my mother-in-law's garden.

Fresh peas in a pie on a cold night by the fire. Sounds nice! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
earthlydelights(6 pushing 7)

the potpie and fire certainly sound great. i can make a mean pot pie, but i'm without a fireplace .

i'm right outside of philly (montgomery county). we had non-stop rain all day yesterday and into this morning, but no snow. it's rather windy and i believe going down into the 40's tonight, which makes for great sleeping weather.

i've been diligently working outside to get winterized ahead of time, because you just never know what season it's going to be from one day to the next anymore. hope to get all my houseplants in by the weekend.

stay warm, happy autumn
maryanne/earthly

Bookmark   October 12, 2006 at 10:52PM
Pipersville_Carol(z6 Bucks PA)

I didn't see any snow over here in Bucks County, just north of Philly, but it was 34 degrees this morning. Crunchy light frost on the ground.

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 10:23AM
susiebuckhouse(6)

I SAW SNOW! I was driving to the grocery store here in the Greenfield section of Pgh. when Low and Behold, giant snow flakes swirled all around my car. First I saw one on my windshield, then two, then three, and then all of a sudden they were everywhere. I remember snow on Oct. 17th one year, but I don't recall any this early. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 12:19PM
geoforce(z7a SE PA)

No frost on my place in SE Chesco, but at work over in Delaware county there was a light frosting on the lawn.

George

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 1:21PM
chescobob(z6b SEPA)

I only had a light frost on Friday and a heavier frost this morning. I saw snow on TV and hope it stays there.

Bookmark   October 14, 2006 at 1:57PM
More Discussions
Harrisburg Garden Expo
Did anyone go this year? Why was it so small? Were...
the_lady_larrie
Backwoods Garden
Hello all, I have been trying to Garden in the woods...
Mikie1856
Herb Shops in S.Central PA?
I seem to remember there being one along Rt. 81 an...
eibren
Has anyone seen this beetle mixed in with your japanese beetles?
I found this beetle out on my beans. Apparently, six...
bella_trix
Live oak
Hello, I may get no replies on this, but I am curious...
poaky1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™