giant granadilla won't bloom

romando(9b/10a , sunset 17)April 9, 2005

Hello. I love passion flowers, and have several, including lavender lady, citrina, mollisima, stribing red, and a fucshia one I can't remember the name of. All bloom beautifully, with the exception of my giant granadilla. I've had it nearly two years, it grows, is a healthy green, and puts out new growth regularly. It was in full sun for most of its life with me, but I've since moved it to a part sun location to see if anything would change. Anyway, it has never bloomed. I'm not sure why. It receives the same care as my others which thrive, but doesn't reward me!! What can I do?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
romando(9b/10a , sunset 17)

I forgot to mention (important, I assume) that I am a balcony container gardener. It's in a 5 gallon plastic container. It's about 5-6 feet tall, trained on a teepee type trellis within the pot, situated against a wall it can further climb upon as needed.

Bookmark   April 9, 2005 at 4:40PM
GrowItFromSeed(11b)

Hey. I know this is an old thread. I am just wondering if your Giant Granadilla ever bloomed or if anyone else knows how long it takes for this plant to bloom.

Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Follow my Tropical Plant Experiments Here

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 8:57AM
msmorningsong(SW FL 10A)

I grew mine from seed, it bloomed in it's second year. It is now about 4 years old, and this year really went crazy. It has blooms and fruits on it right now. Mine is grown in the ground, in mostly sandy soil, and receives strong morning sun and no afternoon sun. It's doing beautifully. Over 40 feet
of vine, which I rarely cut back.

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 4:03PM
More Discussions
lindamarie
I am surprised
Hi, New to this forum, I became interested in Passion...
morningloree
interested in breeding cold tolerant passiflora for flowers and f
Hi all. I recently moved to a cold climate and is like...
caricapapaya
Prepare Banana Passion Vine seeds for sprouting
There is so much conflicting info on the web. Do I...
MrsLizzyNorCal Suns17-USDA9b
Passionflower bloom
Preciosa blooming today
morningloree
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™