new GW format

witsend22(6Pa Bedford Co)November 24, 2005

whats with this new set up took me 15 minutes just to figure out where where pa gardening went.

have to wait and watch and see if this is better or not. guess I will have all winter to see since snow has arrived tonight.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pennsylvania_pete(1)

I'm with you on the new format. The color doesn't change to highlight the ones visited in the recent past either. Definitely not an improvement. The pages take longer to load on dial-up too, about 36 sec/page. I find the hassle of opening them is driving me to spend less and less time here. I think they only want to appeal to broadband people who can tolerate the constant linking to commercial ads in a million devious ways. Oh well, GW was a nice ride while it lasted.

Bookmark   November 24, 2005 at 11:56AM
blueheron(z6 PA)

The alphabetical list of forums is at the left side instead of at the right side. That being said, I still don't like the new format, either. Bah!

Bookmark   November 24, 2005 at 7:31PM
mrsgalihad(5 CO)

I don't like it either. For me the color scheme makes it harder to read and therefor harder to find the forums I want.

Bookmark   November 26, 2005 at 2:09PM
carol23_gw

I thought the print was smaller, too. It's definitely not an improvement.

Bookmark   November 26, 2005 at 6:24PM
Mike Larkin

I like the format - I only ever looked at the Garden Forum - Now I have easy access to all the forums. There is the thing with the ads - but I can easily click them away.
Change is not always easy -

1 Like    Bookmark   November 29, 2005 at 8:18AM
witsend22(6Pa Bedford Co)

I don't take change well myself but in time I will adjust because that is the only choice besides finding an alternate site.

The only real problem I see I'm actually going to have is what carol and MrsGalihad have already touched on. The print size combined with the color combinations makes it very hard for me to read. If I can't see the information here I will look where I can. Hopefully they will increase the text up a font size or so and play with the color to make it clearer and sharper.

Bookmark   November 29, 2005 at 7:42PM
gillian_(z5 PA)

I haven't even seen the new format for the list of forums. I have the few I look at like this one and Winter Sowing bookmarked in my favorites and just click in from there. Now, I guess I will have to go look and see what everyone dislikes about it. I probably wont like it either...I haven't liked any of the changes since iVillage took over.

~Gillian

Bookmark   November 30, 2005 at 4:09PM
More Discussions
Planting a Fall Garden
Hey Everyone, I was looking through the old posting...
dwoodley2010
Vegetable planting dates guide for 5b
Does anyone have a link to a guide for vegetable planting...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
Wild Garlic questions
I recently bought a house that has some plants that...
melochip
Garden Soil in N.E. Philadelphia
Wondering if anyone knows a landscaping/compost company...
Meister14
Evergreen Bayberry for PA (6B or 7A)
Hello, I've searched through the forums looking for...
labfm
Sponsored Products
Neptune Beach Outdoor Loveseat Dining Set
Grandin Road
Nadira Blue Rectangular: 5 ft. 7 in. x 7 ft. 1 in. Rug
$799.00 | Bellacor
40W 120V T9 E26 Nostalgic Spiral Smoke Bulb by Bulbrite
$14.99 | Lumens
Juno 6" Line Voltage Eyeball Recessed Light Trim
$47.99 | Lamps Plus
Handwoven Purple/Gray/Brown Mandara Shag Rug (7'9 x 10'6)
Overstock.com
Roll & Hill | Mini Endless Pendant Light
YLighting
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™