Leaf lady!

stimpy926November 14, 2005

Here I come.. lol. I made rounds of the township yesterday, collecting leaf bags from people's driveways. The mini van was emptied of it's bench seat and 2 single back seats. 5 trips, with the van packed, and now I've got LOTS for mulching, and composting. They do all the work of paying for bags, raking, packing them, hauling them to the curb. Ha ha, I only have to put them in the van, bring them home, and unload onto my skids. Next year, I'll chop them with my blower/vaccumm/chipper machine for excellent gardener's gold. One haul I made revealed it's contents to be already chipped! Do they KNOW what they're throwing away??? LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aka_peggy(Central Md 6b)

Apparently not. Last week I tagged along with DH on a business trip to NJ. I watched from the window of the Embassy Suites motel as the maintenance person swept leaves from the parking lot and deposited them into the trash receptacle. The motel was surrounded by woods. I wanted to ask her if I could have them but she didn't speak English....why in the world would you put them in the trash? HELLO!!

Bookmark   November 14, 2005 at 11:31PM
Pipersville_Carol(z6 Bucks PA)

I've been SO tempted to stop and pick up some of those bags of lovely leaves!

I used to live in a small town, and one autumn a neighbor put out three bags of clean, fragrant dried pine needles. Why would anyone rake up pine needles?? I snagged them, and used them as mulch in a shade bed. Beautiful.

Bookmark   November 15, 2005 at 5:03PM
stimpy926

You should stop and get them Carol, like $ in the bank as far as I'm concerned. I can take the chipper over to the tarp covered pile and open a few bags whenever I want, that's convenience. Pine needles? People actually pay good $ for that. I'm lucky to have them, but not enough (large) deciduous trees!

Bookmark   November 15, 2005 at 6:34PM
Pipersville_Carol(z6 Bucks PA)

The only thing is, I've got a brand new station wagon and am REALLY trying not to wreck the interior with gardening or animal stuff. Boy, is it hard. No trashpicking, either. It kills me.

I should just use my husband's old Toyota truck, and let him drive new car!

Bookmark   November 16, 2005 at 12:47PM
More Discussions
spotted lanternfly found in PA - FYI
Earlier this week a few townships in Berks County were...
woodsidetrader
Live oak
Hello, I may get no replies on this, but I am curious...
poaky1
Garden Soil in N.E. Philadelphia
Wondering if anyone knows a landscaping/compost company...
Meister14
Rain Rain Go Away...For Just a While.
I love rain as much as the next gardener, waters your...
portia
Vegetable planting dates guide for 5b
Does anyone have a link to a guide for vegetable planting...
ferroplasm Zone 7b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™