The landscape contractors arrived yesterday.

Pipersville_Carol(z6 Bucks PA)December 1, 2005

A follow-up to my earlier post about hiring a landscape contractor...

They unexpectedly arrived yesterday afternoon, just as my husband was heading out to work. He said it was like an invading army... three huge trucks and a zillion workers. Well, actually, 6 crew members and the owner.

They got about 90% of the weeding done yesterday and are edging and mulching today. I'm impressed by the weeding job... they cleared everything out thoroughly, but left some nice native milkweed. I really like the milkweed but hadn't said anything about it since the owner said he didn't want to do "picky" weeding. They made that good decision on their own.

Somehow I feel less wimpy about hiring out this work, if it's taking 6-7 people 8+ hours to do it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wolfe15136(z6 PA)

Wow! That's great news!

Bookmark   December 1, 2005 at 12:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pipersville_Carol(z6 Bucks PA)

They finished up yesterday, and did a fantastic job. The garden looks like I've always wanted it to, and our property finally looks manicured and well-groomed.

The sharp edges of the beds seem to make the most dramatic difference. I'm going to borrow a power-edger from a friend and do the rest of the garden. And I need to get more mulch and spread it. There's still plenty of work left to do, but the really hard part is done.

Bookmark   December 2, 2005 at 10:36AM
More Discussions
HAVE: planted to trade in Berks County
any one close by? check my list and maybe we can get...
woodsidetrader
Rain Rain Go Away...For Just a While.
I love rain as much as the next gardener, waters your...
portia
Any bear sitings or tracks in the mud?
My friend cleared her back yard out to build a garage,...
poaky1
Live oak
Hello, I may get no replies on this, but I am curious...
poaky1
Seedless Grapes
Has anyone has any success with seedless "table"...
nick_17815_pa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™