4 crimson tear blooms in 1 day

angie83(9)May 5, 2007

Wow got 4 blooms in one day.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn1(7a)

Pretty! I'm still waiting for mine to bloom. I think that's one of the ones I got inground last week. Most of the ones I transplanted went into a bit of shock and once again dropped buds. It hasn't helped that we've had two fairly cool nights either. I was getting more blooms inside over the winter than I'm getting now but the plants do look much healthier despite the fact that they aren't in bloom.
Karyn

Bookmark   May 6, 2007 at 12:09PM
aloysia

Lovely!

Bookmark   May 6, 2007 at 2:57PM
angie83(9)

It took mine forever to bloom it doesnt like full sun at all it like morning sun and very little water I lost a ton of buds because of the rain here but I think this will be one of my favorite passifloras.

Bookmark   May 6, 2007 at 6:02PM
jblaschke(8b TX)

Wow. That is one gorgeous plant. Because of its gritensis genes, do you think it would do better in partial shade than most other passis? Or does it respond to sunlight strongly?

Bookmark   May 7, 2007 at 1:16AM
angie83(9)

Mine is in 2 or 3 hours of morning sun but I think these would do well in shade they dont like the sun and even in the few hours of sun mine gets it still wilts alittle .But it is very hot here .I really like this passie it dont like much water and seems to adept well to anything ,it will let you know right away when its not happy it spits them buds off .I havent even added fert yet to this plant and it grows so fast only bad thing is the it breaks off branchs very easy have to be very careful when messing with shoots or they will break off.

Bookmark   May 7, 2007 at 3:12AM
jblaschke(8b TX)

Well, the good thing about broken branches is that they give you ample opportunity to make new cuttings! ;-)

Bookmark   May 7, 2007 at 10:14AM
chena(z8 Texas)

That is just beautiful!!! Thanks for shareing your experience with this one .I have one on the way and will be out looking for some where I can find enough shade or I'll have to keep it in a pot on the porch.
Chena

Bookmark   May 7, 2007 at 10:52AM
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

I love the color of that one. It looks real good. Good to know about the shade requirement. I have found that all the passies I have like more filtered sun, here in the desert. It doesnt seem to affect blooming, in fact they bloom better because they dont get as wilted and I guess, the sun light they do get is more intense as well.
~SJN

Bookmark   May 7, 2007 at 12:48PM
karyn1(7a)

Unfortunately mine is in sun until mid afternoon. I don't really have anywhere shady enough, especialy for something that size. So far it looks good but the sun isn't terribly strong yet. Hopefully it will acclimate. I also have some brugs growing in front of it so they'll provide some shade.
Karyn

Bookmark   May 7, 2007 at 2:00PM
More Discussions
Incarnata fruit varieties
Are there any P. Incarnata varieties that have been...
tjasko
Passiflora 'Preciosa'
Fruit finally ripened- will check for seeds in a few...
passiefarm
Best Edible Passiflora source (and varieties) in SoCal?
* * I want to grow a few delicious passiflora on my...
Baby G (Z10, 300?CH, SoCal-LA)
Passionflower bloom
Preciosa blooming today
morningloree
Passionflower never bloomed in 3-4yrs
I was given a Passiflora vine about 4yrs. ago. I am...
rcharles_gw
Sponsored Products
Adrienne Indoor Area Rug - 1'10" x 3'3"
Grandin Road
GlideRite 1.125-inch Oil Rubbed Bronze Round Ring Cabinet Knobs (Case of 25)
Overstock.com
G4 LED Bulb, 36 High Power LEDs
Super Bright LEDs
4' Standard Expanded Garden Bench
Fifthroom.com
Finger Mobile Drum Pendant by Carpyen
$819.84 | Lumens
Martini Set Of Four Crystal Goblets
Classic Hostess
Progress Lighting Track Lighting Alpha Trak White Track Lighting Top or End
$24.48 | Home Depot
Radiax 2700K 60-Degree 4-Watt LED Rich Bronze Flood Light