Lots o' pics

jblaschke(8b TX)May 30, 2006

Took the camera into my front yard this Memorial Day weekend and got some passiflora-related shots. This little fellow here, along with several dozen of his closest friends, is the reason I don't worry about my Incense taking over the world:

This is a cool shot I got of a caterpillar just beginning the transformation into a pupa:

An hour later, it looked a lot like this one:

And starting the process all over again, a mama Gulf Fritilary (actually, three or four mama Gulf Fritilaries) spent the afternoon laying new eggs on the few leaves that hadn't already been devoured.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ninecrow(England)

BRILLIANT Photos
Thanks for Sharing... Question Though... Does your Incense Fruit?

Bookmark   June 1, 2006 at 5:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jblaschke(8b TX)

My Incense has never fruited, but that's mostly because I haven't had anything to try and cross it with. I've got three different incarnatas as well as a caerulea growing this year, and expect them to start flowering before the end of summer. Both of those are reputed to cross with Incense (incarnata being a parent, after all) so we shall see.

My Lady Margaret, which I feared was near death a few weeks ago, had recovered and is putting on vigorous new growth. If she starts flowing again anytime soon, I'll try a cross that way, too (although, being a hybrid like Incense, the pollen is likely to be sterile).

Bookmark   June 1, 2006 at 2:55PM
More Discussions
Winter care for passion flower?
My passion flower is in the ground and is growing well...
gardenbug
Florida Collectors-Update
I ran across an old thread that was pretty informative,...
morningloree
Help with Passion Flower leaves spotting
Hello, I'm hoping to find some help with my Passion...
gkblair
Corkystem passion vine grow with purple passion vine?
Ok.. I have two passion vine plants in my backyard,...
angelimperfect36
I am surprised
Hi, New to this forum, I became interested in Passion...
morningloree
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™