black beetles and white aphids

sammy zone 7 TulsaJune 7, 2014

Now my red and black beetles seem to be replaced by small all black beetles. They are getting on my phlox plants, and just a few on my roses.

I still do not have pictures, but they seem to also want in the house. I hate spray, but have started squirting them with Insecticidal soap. I cannot be positive that it is working, but I think it is. They are so heavy on my phlox that sometimes the leaves look black. I cannot tell if there is damage, but the phlox are new, and young.

Our neighbors have a tree that sends branches into our dogs' yard. It is a maple tree, and the beetles are probably headed for the tree. We have cut some large branches we can reach, and they are loaded with little white aphids. I am afraid that the ugly ladybugs (orange and black) are going to be attracted to them.

It seems like nobody else has my bugs.

Each day I think about setting up my computer, and then look at the work still undone in the garden. The rain yesterday was a blessing for me. I was able to pull out so many weeds because they were loosened by the water.

Sammy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sammy zone 7 Tulsa

bump

Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 5:55AM
More Discussions
Thyme (common) Slaughter
I'm getting ready to kill it. It is up about 1/2"...
chickencoupe
tomatoes are popping
was late starting my first flat. they are starting...
oldokie
Milkweed?
Does anyone have milkweed seeds they could share? I'd...
tracydr
Squash Resistant to Squash Bug and Squash Vine Borer
According to Jay White at Texas A&M University,...
chickencoupe
Pinching growing tips on tomato seedlings?
Every spring usually after I've transplanted my tomatoes,...
jcheckers
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™