Where to get Passion Flowers

zioneyeMay 31, 2006

Where can I obtain passion flowers of different varieties?

Z

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
turtledon(z6 TN)

Lowes have about 3 varieties and you can find them at times at the Nashville farmers market. Blooms nursery in Nashville has them too.

Bookmark   June 1, 2006 at 1:54AM
Krstofer(Zone 7 (ish))

Yup, Lowes, Home Depot, sometimes you can get lucky at wall-mart or k-mart in their garden sections.. Pertty much anywhere that's got a garden section *might* have some.

'Cource there's always the online nurseries, but you usually get a 6" vine in a 4" pot from them, for about the same price as a 6' tall 5 gallon potted one at the store. So.. your choice. betcha you won't find any of the exotics at the store.. But if your new you don't want one of those yet anyway. Practice on something easy like caerulea or edulis.

Bookmark   June 3, 2006 at 12:05PM
gw:simba-nj

try home depot too...they have them from time to time.
For a great selection, check out Logee's Greenhouses on line and Kartuz Greenhouses on line.
Select Seed's catalog also has a few at a very reasonable price.

Bookmark   June 3, 2006 at 12:06PM
karyn1(7a)

I've bought a few different varities on eBay. I also have bought some nice plants from Caldwell Nursery in Tx and Zone 9 Tropicals. I have an order placed with Kartuz but have no idea what the quality will be, they take soooo long to ship their plants.

Bookmark   June 6, 2006 at 10:12AM
ethane(9 FL)

I agree with krstofer in regard to the purchasing of online plants: 'You usually get a 6 inch vine in a 4 inch pot from them, for about the same price as a 6 feet tall 5 gallon potted one at the store.' Logee's has a nice selection, but they are pretty much 6 inch vines in a 2 inch pot. I've ordered some from ebay and other online stores and I recommend the seller dogwooderitter, he sends pretty long vines and I also recommend Grassy Knoll Exotics-- Elisabeth is a pleasure to work with and sends nice big plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grassy Knoll Exotics

Bookmark   June 11, 2006 at 9:45PM
karyn1(7a)

I've bought from dogwooderitter and have been very happy with the quality of his plants.

Bookmark   June 12, 2006 at 8:26AM
kiwinut

Just saw some at the Lowes in west Nashville, Clear Sky and Lady Margaret. Nice plants, but @ $25 each, I passed.

Bookmark   June 15, 2006 at 12:22PM
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

I second grassy knoll as an excellent source. I got 3 from there last year and they were the nicest mail order passiflora that I've seen :)
~SJN

Bookmark   June 16, 2006 at 12:52PM
mark4321_gw

Another vote for Grassy Knoll Exotics--Elizabeth is great. I've never bought Passiflora or anything by mail from Kartuz, but I've bought things at their nursery itself. They are very highly regarded and good people and I would also expect them to be a good source.

Bookmark   July 11, 2008 at 2:37AM
More Discussions
Passionflower bloom
Preciosa blooming today
morningloree
interested in breeding cold tolerant passiflora for flowers and f
Hi all. I recently moved to a cold climate and is like...
caricapapaya
Lavender Lady Bloom in January
Its a bit beaten up due to weather...
merkity
Passion flower not making flowers!
Hello all! A few years ago I bought a grafted black...
patchyjack
P. caerulea x loefgrenii
I realized this is basically the same mix as 'Lunametista'...
morningloree
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™