Brother Chuck

Coral Sunset

Do Tell

Pink Hawaiian Coral

Senorita

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diannp

I have Do Tell and think it's quite nice. I plan on adding a couple of the Coral's this year. :)

Diann
IA Z5a

Bookmark   March 3, 2006 at 5:36PM
Cybersunday(z5 ca)

I too have Do Tell and presently trying to find Pink Hawaian Coral of decent size at a reasonable price. They are terribly expensive even for the misleading "generous" two to three eyes root.

Bookmark   March 28, 2006 at 9:49AM
peonyman(Zone 5, Lawrence, Ks)

Kevin

Sorry to say I will not help you much on several of the cultivars. I do grow Do Tell and Coral Sunset. Like the others that have answered Do Tell is nice. The plant seems to be a smaller size. Coral Sunset is my favorite of the Corals that I grow. The flowers open quite pink and change by the end of the first day to coral. Then pale throught the next few days to finally a rather light cream. You can have flowers at different stages which gives a look of assorted colors on the same bush. It really is a nice statement in the garden.

I have seen Pink Hawaiian Coral and I thought that I was seeing Coral Sunset. I dont think that Pink Hawaiian Coral pales as much before the flower is finished. I don't know if they bloom at the same time. If they do I doubt that you would want both.

Appearantly there are two different cultivars named Senorita out there. I assume you are talking about the latest one from Klehm's.

Bookmark   March 31, 2006 at 12:57AM
gardengirl_17(z5 OH)

It seems "Do Tell" is very popular! I grow it also and it is very nice. It's a lovely pale pink, fading to white as it ages. Brother Chuck is one on my list of Maybes to order this year. It is supposed to fragrant if my memory serves me. I don't do much coral because it doesn't seem to fit with the colors elsewhere in my garden. I did buy Abalone Pearl last year and then wouldn't you know I got another one as a bonus from Khlem's! I don't think you can really go "wrong" with a peony from a reputable seller like Khlem's. It just depends on what you're looking for. Happy hunting!

Bookmark   March 31, 2006 at 9:20PM
More Discussions
Itohs at Michigan Bulb
In case anyone is interested, MB offers the following...
KarenPA_6b
New at growing peonies
Hi, I LOVE peonies, but I am new at growing them. After...
dizzylizzy415
Herbacious peony growing with tree peony
I have a tree peony in my garden that is 4/5 yrs old...
raptor1
late in life experiment
After putting it off forever, I finally decided to...
bragu_DSM 5
dividing peonies
We are having a mild, dry January. Would it be a bad...
kAli6275
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™