Could Use A Lot Of Help!!!

bettafish(6a -Ontario, Ca)June 27, 2005

I am fairly new to gardening, and I have just picked up a BEAUTIFUL PASSIFLORA "Lady Margaret"!

I have had the hardest time finding any information for Passiflora Lady Margaret. It seems to be struggling, only two blooms, and a few have died and fell off.. Where there is new growth the vine seems to be a pale sort of yellow (is this new growth?). None of the yellowing is browning and falling off, it is remaining yellow?

I am unsure of how to prune it as well? I havnt been lucky enough to find any information on the web, and the tag with it doesn't tell me how to prune it if need be. Should I pinch the dead blooms to encourage new growth? or let them wither and fall?

Also, is Lady Margaret a "pet name" for the plant? or is that its actual name?

I would appreciate any and all help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shiollie(z5 MI)

Try this, and when you search try using "Lady Margaret" Passiflora just like it is written, I found lots on it. Good luck, it sound beautiful!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lady Margaret

Bookmark   June 27, 2005 at 3:46PM
Krstofer(Zone 7 (ish))

Don't trim or prune it- just get something like a small tomato cage (it's what I do) and as the vine(s) grow, simply wrap it around the cage. Then it stays compact & doesn't crawl everywhere.

You don't need to worry about pinching the flowers off either- if not polinated they'll fall off by themselves, and pinching them won't cause the plant to grow any more anyway.

I feed all of mine miracle grow every time I water- in one of those "end of the hose" things? Ya that. Your leaves *should* green up, but some of them are just more yellow than others. My margaret is growing right next to a caerulea constance elliot, (who absolutely REFUSES to bloom.. Sigh) and margaret's leaves look all pale & sickly in comparison, but they're getting exactly the same food & water. So I wouldn't worry too terrible much, but do give her some fertilizer just in case.

Bookmark   June 27, 2005 at 8:56PM
bettafish(6a -Ontario, Ca)

Alright I will feed her a bit of miracle grow probably 15-30-10?

Thanks for all the help, best of luck with your caerulea constance elliot!! I hope she blooms for you!

Bookmark   June 28, 2005 at 12:50AM
More Discussions
Prepare Banana Passion Vine seeds for sprouting
There is so much conflicting info on the web. Do I...
MrsLizzyNorCal Suns17-USDA9b
Passiflora 'Preciosa'
Fruit finally ripened- will check for seeds in a few...
passiefarm
Lavender Lady Bloom in January
Its a bit beaten up due to weather...
merkity
Best Edible Passiflora source (and varieties) in SoCal?
* * I want to grow a few delicious passiflora on my...
Baby G (Z10, 300?CH, SoCal-LA)
Passiflora frederick
Looking to buy some mature P. frederick cuttings. Want...
gardenfreak
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™