Loads of Edulis seeds

karyn1(7a)June 27, 2008

I was at the grocery store and asked the produce manager if I could have a couple passion fruit. It was getting overripe and I knew it wasn't going to be sold so he gave me all of them. I have no idea what to do with a huge bag full of fruit. I'd only wanted a few more seeds for myself and a couple friends. If anyone wants any I'd be happy to send them for postage. This is the dark purple fruited variety.

Karyn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deerslayer08(Upstate South Carolina 7)

I would love some of the seeds! I saw your post in the brugmansia forum and I am very interested. Email me so we can work out postage or something.
David

Bookmark   June 28, 2008 at 12:17AM
karyn1(7a)

David I answered you in the brug forum. Just email me at the AOL address.
Karyn

Bookmark   June 28, 2008 at 1:15PM
linda-lu

Hi Karyn,

I was just wondering - have you sown some of those seeds yet? Mine have come up brilliantly, I sowed some last april, result: 25 healthy seedlings, the largest one is now 8 inches tall. Have yet to find out what will happen next with them, though. It's the first time for me sowing any kind of passie.

Just curious, rgds,

Linda.

Bookmark   July 4, 2008 at 3:07PM
karyn1(7a)

I've got edulis growing from cuttings and seeds I planted last year as well as some I planted in the spring. I haven't planted seeds from these particular fruit but fresh seeds usually have a good germination rate. I still have about 20 fruit full of seeds left.
Karyn

Bookmark   July 6, 2008 at 12:10AM
More Discussions
Passion flower not making flowers!
Hello all! A few years ago I bought a grafted black...
patchyjack
passiflora caerulea
I have a packet of Passiflora caerulea seed. I tried...
theodosiaunderwood
Incarnata fruit varieties
Are there any P. Incarnata varieties that have been...
tjasko
lindamarie
Passiflora 'Preciosa'
Fruit finally ripened- will check for seeds in a few...
passiefarm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™