Help with my parritae. Yellowing leaves

cmallgrenJune 3, 2013

How much nitrogen could this plant need? I'm seeing about 1-2 leaves a day yellowing and new growth is growing incredibly slowly. The older leaves are just turning yellow and dying off. I really don't know what to do at this point. Days are about 72-76 degrees with nights in the 50's. Good lighting, steady constant breeze. Not sure on exact humidity, but I live 90 seconds from the water. Suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daveh_sf(San Francisco)

How old is your plant? Is it in the ground or in a pot? Where do you live? How much sun does it get? How long have you had it?

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 9:46PM
socalbill

The questions daveh asked are the ones I would ask you, but I would also ask how much water it gets, how your drainage is, and if it gets any nitrogen if you have it in a pot. My parritae is now 4 years old and this time of year it is dropping a fair number of old leaves, but it is also putting on a lot of new growth and branching at nearly every new node right now.

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 6:02AM
mark4321_gw

If it's a new plant in a new location, you should expect it to go through a period of adjustment, possibly with some leaf loss and slowed growth. A picture of some sort would help a lot so people can figure out whether the problem is "normal" or something to worry about.

Do you have other Tacsonias? How are they doing under your conditions?

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 10:40AM
More Discussions
Passion Fruit Vine?
I bought this plant looking to add it to my butterfly...
jane__ny
Lavender Lady Bloom in January
Its a bit beaten up due to weather...
merkity
Incarnata fruit varieties
Are there any P. Incarnata varieties that have been...
tjasko
P. caerulea x loefgrenii
I realized this is basically the same mix as 'Lunametista'...
morningloree
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™