If the weather station is right

jspeachyn5November 16, 2009

Well, I guess I will have to go out an dig up the things I want in the house today at lunch time.

Because they say we have a chance of snow the next few days. Not suppose to be bad from what I have heard. How ever we all know that can change around here quickly. So I better not put it off any longer.

Burr

Bonnie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

What are you going to dig up? I had frost weeks ago but Joplin is warmer. I have been getting bags and bags of leaves to put over things. Snow insulates; it is cold that gets you. I do remember getting out of school Nov. 20 something one year. Usually Nov. snow doesn't last long.

Bookmark   November 16, 2009 at 12:28PM
jspeachyn5

Helen I did put a lot of leaves around most. But I have to dig my palm trees an begonias an a few other things like that.
I'm not looking forward to all this cold weather.
Bonnie

Bookmark   November 16, 2009 at 12:58PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

It certainly feels cold enough to snow but I haven't spotted any. Just a very cold drizzle here.

I was looking at my annual vinca that I put in containers and I wonder if those would live through the winter if I put them in my garage or basement. I know vinca is very frost sensitive.

If you can wait one more day to dig Bonnie, Thursday is supposed to be 57. That will feel toasty compared to the last couple days. It's supposed to get down to 35 tonight according to the NOAA forecast. Can palm trees take some frost?

Bookmark   November 18, 2009 at 7:16AM
jspeachyn5

I dug them up on Tue.
Plan on potting them up tonight.
Then have to be wrapped an use Christmas tree lights on them to be out doors year round. But They are just first years growth so I didn't want to take a chance this year. Next year I plan on using the lights and wrapping an putting a mini green house type thing around them.
I am going to cut down my castor bean plants when it warms up. They are still going. Crazy they normally go down early.
No snow here yet either. But a light frost on Tue a.m.
Bonnie

Bookmark   November 18, 2009 at 11:17AM
More Discussions
Elderly gardeners
Dup post...didn't show up for me and I reposted...pls...
dbarron
Joplin Globe column for Sunday Feb 8
I keep forgetting to post my column on here. Hope you...
mosswitch
A Sample of My Country-Style Gardening
This combo is all self-seeding annuals: Salvia farinacea;...
gldno1
some projects
rebuilt steps
mocountryboys
Sorted Garden Seeds
I finally did it and am very proud of myself. I even...
gldno1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™