Grandpa's tomatoes...

ReedBaizeJune 19, 2013

My grandfather sent me this picture yesterday. He is growing these Grandfather Ashlock tomatoes that I gave him when they were seedlings. They seem to be doing very well.

Also, I am sorry that I have not been posting more. We are still without internet service and I'm using my phone to post to this forum from time to time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mulberryknob

Wow, looking good, So far all I've harvested have been cherries and medium size varieties. Have a Black Brandywine almost ready tho. It's about that size.

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 10:37PM
shankins123(7aOKC)

...and mine are just starting to set...a few...
Looking good!!

Sharon

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 11:47PM
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

They look great. I bet he is thrilled with the harvest.

We are harvesting tons of tomatoes this week, along with sweet corn, squash, garlic and potatoes. I've been so busy harvesting, I hardly have time to eat. That is just wrong.

Beginning tomorrow we will be having a major cucumber explosion here. I expect to be making pickles like a maniac for a few weeks. Tim stopped at CostCo on the way to work today and bought me 10 gallons of vinegar and a 50-lb. bag of sugar. I'm going to make pickles until I run out of jars. Some years the harvest is more spread out. This year it is a lot more concentrated. I blame the late cold for that. Everything just went crazy after that last cold night.

My favorite big tomatoes to eat so far this year are JD's Special C-Tex and Gary O Sena, but Momotaro is pretty good too.

Dawn

Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 2:57PM
borderokie(7)

No tomatoes here yet. I will either get my wall of waters out next year or use a row cover and get some out early. You guys have inspired me. My problem is when I should be planting the greenhouses are breaking loose. So it is busy and crazy there. Makes it hard to get anything done here. My garden also sits kinda low so it takes a while to get dry. You guys are makin my mouth water!! They look good!(I did cheat though. We grew some this winter at the greenhouses but they still are not near as good as what comes out of the ground.)

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 12:15AM
ReedBaize

Another of his of the same variety.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 12:27AM
More Discussions
Pictures to warm us up
So far I have 20 flats- a few plants I lost to applejuice....
luvncannin
Lisa, did you see: Work starts to protect monarch butterflies
Their bright orange and black wings are a familiar...
OklaMoni
Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99/5lb 3/1/2015
2015 Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99 5lb as of this...
chickencoupe
Anyone ever read the Soil forum?
Hahaha, I went over to go check out how they were doing...
Lisa_H
Growing cilantro in the summer
I started some cilantro from seed so I can have it...
Cynthiann
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™