Where to purchase passiflora edulis vines?

linda_violetJune 6, 2012

Does anyone know where I can purchase these vines either in Dallas, Texas or mail order? I have a good spot in the yard for them, and would like to find plants. Thanks :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kwpgrooming

Here is a place on line :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Place to get passiflora vines.

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 7:39PM
linda_violet

Thanks, KWP :)

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 10:57AM
yachman(9b)

Lowes!! Just found two varieties of P. edulis at our Lowes here in Brownsville, Tx...

Bookmark   July 4, 2012 at 1:46PM
oakenking(z8, DFW TX)

I have seen them at Home Depot, but it's been a few years. I got what I'm pretty sure is a P. edulis (unsure of variety, though) at an Oriental market on Josey, north of George Bush - but, it's not blooming, and just labeled "Passion Fruit." Looks like edulis, anyway.

Home Depot has some plants with a P. edulis flavicarpa flower pictured on the tag, but the plant looks like some kind of P. incarnata cross, and the flowers are similar to incarnata. I didn't buy one, because I didn't know if I'd need to bring it in. The tag said it was hardy to 30'F - but it also said it was P. incarnata (hardy to at least 0'F) and the photo was clearly wrong, so I didn't really trust it. It wasn't a hybrid I recognize, but there are SO many these days!

I've been working on building a collection of Passiflora that will survive our winters here in south Oak Cliff; I'm in a little micro-clime that gets just a touch colder than most of Dallas, but so far, I've got good hopes for the varieties I put in the ground this season, and the ones from last year are going gangbusters. So far, I've got something like fifteen kinds. I'm trying to keep to a minimum the ones that have to be babied in the house or garage over the winter, but I figure edulis is worth bringing in. In a dream world, I also want its pollen for eventual hybridization adventures... but that's not something I've done yet.

I'd love to have a Passiflora buddy to trade and talk plants with - send me a message at oaken.king (at) gmail (dot) com if you'd like to visit some time, see what I'm growing, get some cuttings or starter plants. I have to rip out so many chunks of "Incense," "Constance Elliott," and incarnata, I just put them in pots and share with friends.

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog - adventures in silkworms, chickens, gardening, passionflowers, etc.

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 5:31PM
More Discussions
interested in breeding cold tolerant passiflora for flowers and f
Hi all. I recently moved to a cold climate and is like...
caricapapaya
Plant Passion Fruit Seeds in Comntainers
I have purchased purple passion fruit seeds for planting...
charlieboring
Where to buy?
Can anyone suggest a place to buy passion flower vines...
jwink246
Passiflora frederick
Looking to buy some mature P. frederick cuttings. Want...
gardenfreak
Sponsored Products
Butler Bone Inlay Chest
Beyond Stores
Red Silk Bell Shade Brushed Nickel Swing Arm Desk Lamp
Lamps Plus
Jonti-Craft Low Adjustable Bookcase - 0792JC
$311.30 | Hayneedle
27" Gray Basalt Stone Concrete Bathroom Sink style - TOJI
Living'ROC
Sample - Spa White Circles Glass Tiles
$2.99 | TileBar