Costco Peonies that are Available

houdiniiMarch 30, 2008

Just stopped by Costco in Kansas City today. They had different types of Peonies packaged up for about $13-$14.

You could choose:

1) 4 Immaculee (didn't see but 1pkg of this)

2) 2 Bowl of Beauty, 2 Sorbet, 1 Raspberry Sundae

3) I can't remember the other package combinations..

They also had some Sarah Bernhardt and Mons Jules Elie mixed with other peonies. And then there was also a package of 6 roots (3 fragrant varieties 2 of each kind).

However, some of them were already sending up shoots in their packaged bag with some small leaves on the end. I couldn't see the root system of all the peonies, but some of them were the same size as what I ordered from Gilbert H. Wild. If you do buy any of these from Costco or another box retailer, select the heavier package as the root systems are probably in better shape than others.

4-6 roots for $14, not bad, if you don't mind planting in spring and being patient for blooms/healthy growth.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9

The package with the Bowl of Beauty I think is the best on your list. I buy them regularly when I find those I don't already have. Pot them up in one gallon pots now and plant in the garden in the fall. It takes 3 years for first really good blooms, but I seldom lose a plant. Al

Bookmark   March 31, 2008 at 10:00AM
More Discussions
Moving my Itoh peonies from IL to TN.
I dug these last November since I knew we might be...
ryseryse_2004
Need Help With Timing of Putting Potted Peonies Outside
I've been nursing three potted peonies begun as roots...
JenWise
Springhill Kirinmaru Peony
I just received Kirinmaru Peony from Springhill. The...
KarenPA_6b
2015 peony blooms
Please update your peonies blooms or growth here. This...
bunti
Peonie won't bloom
My mom dug up an old white peonie at an old home site...
Derby42 zone 6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™