Damaged during shipping

karyn1(7a)June 9, 2006

I received a Platyloba and a Lutea yesterday and they are looking pretty sorry, limp and wilted. Both are at least 4' with multiple stems. The rootball was wrapped in damp newspaper and plastic, the foliage was wrapped in damp newspaper. They left TX Tues am and got to MD Thurs pm. I'm thinking maybe they cooked? I checked the stems to see if they were broken but they looked OK. Is it possible that they might perk up or should I cut them back? If so is it worth attempting to root the cuttings? I did give them a shot of Superthrive when I potted them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jblaschke(8b TX)

Cutting back a modest amount might be a good idea if they aren't perking up after a day or so. And it's always worth a shot at rooting the cuttings. The worst that could happen is the cuttings die. Best case, you've got more plants.

I got some pretty sad looking cuttings in the mail the other day myself, but I've stuck them in starter pots and watered them heavily, and they've perked up nicely (fingers crossed).

Bookmark   June 10, 2006 at 1:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patsy_b(z8 Tx)

Be sure and mist the leaves a couple of times a day and keep them shaded.
Patsy

Bookmark   June 10, 2006 at 5:11AM
More Discussions
Passionflower bloom
Preciosa blooming today
morningloree
Best Edible Passiflora source (and varieties) in SoCal?
* * I want to grow a few delicious passiflora on my...
Baby G (Z10, 300?CH, SoCal-LA)
passiflora caerulea
I have a packet of Passiflora caerulea seed. I tried...
theodosiaunderwood
interested in breeding cold tolerant passiflora for flowers and f
Hi all. I recently moved to a cold climate and is like...
caricapapaya
Passion Fruit Vine?
I bought this plant looking to add it to my butterfly...
jane__ny
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™