Just received a Van Bourgondien catalogue

ryseryse_2004March 13, 2013

And was thrilled to find affordable tree peonies at an affordable price with $50 off a $100.00 order!!!! I immediately started (trying) to order the tree peonies only to find that they were out of all of them. What????

I have to wonder if that was just a come-on to get people to place an order for other things. Very disappointing. Anyway, I would rather have one Itoh than the tree peonies so ordered one on Ebay that was $29.00. (That is affordable for me --- just hope it isn't the size of my little finger!)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stevelau1911

If you order from MACAO2000 who should be the cheapest one, you should be able to contact him directly to buy from him, and get a lower price on multiple itoh peonies. Ebay takes a huge percentage of the sellers profits so it's much better to buy directly from the seller.

Here are some pictures of what I ordered from that eBay seller.

Here is a link that might be useful: Size of itoh peonies

Bookmark   March 13, 2013 at 7:06PM
ryseryse_2004

How do I do that? In order to get hold of the seller, I have to go through EBay. Do you have his email address? If so, I would appreciate it if you would email it to me. Thanks so much for your help and pictures!

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 11:02AM
stevelau1911

You have to ask for his email or phone number through eBay, and there is a function on eBay where you can ask the seller a question.

If I had more itohs, I could probably get you some tubers, but I want mine to start flowering as soon as possible so I'm letting them grow.

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 11:40AM
ryseryse_2004

Thanks Steve -- you are very helpful. How long from the size roots you bought until you will have flowers? BTW, I got my 'Bartzella' today from another Ebay seller and it was a potted plant. It looks healthy and is a fairly good size so I am excited! I'm assuming I should just leave it in the pot for awhile at least until the ground isn't frozen.

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 3:56PM
stevelau1911

If I did not split them up when I got them, I would be getting flowers this year, but some of my divisions are producing 5-7 sprouts this spring so I might still get flowers. These do grow faster than both herbaceous and tree peonies.

If you don't mind it, I would suggest keeping your itoh peony potted for the first year, and don't plant it out until the following spring. This will allow it to have a more controlled environment as they are vulnerable to droughts.

Sometimes the local nurseries have the large monrovia itoh peonies available, but they are usually 75$ each. If you happen to see those on sale, you could probably pick some up.

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 10:14PM
More Discussions
dividing peonies
We are having a mild, dry January. Would it be a bad...
kAli6275
Peony Molly the Witch
Hello - I planted a super root 2 years ago. Last year...
furbank
Peonie won't bloom
My mom dug up an old white peonie at an old home site...
Derby42 zone 6
Peony sorbet and karl
I recently got some sorbet and karl rosenfield, i've...
kaesgarden
Peonies Zone 9
I've read that tree peonies do better in my zone, however...
MK
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™