June 7th Drought Monitor Shows Worsening Conditions

Okiedawn OK Zone 7June 9, 2011

I'v linked this week's Oklahoma portion of the U. S. Drought Monitor Map below. This map, released today, reflects data received by Tuesday morning's cutoff time.

If you look at the map, you'll see that approximately 10% of the state that had moved out of any drought category has slipped back into drought because of a lack of rainfall. Right now, only about 22% of the state is not in some form of drought.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Drought Monitor May--June 7, 2011

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

The updated map will be out tomorrow, so I'm going to link the map of the whole USA for one last look at last week's numbers. Look at Texas! Poor Texas. Jay's corner of SW KS doesn't look much better than all of Texas looks either.

Tomorrow we'll get to see if any of the recent rainfall (any which fell prior to 7 a.m. yesterday) has helped improve anyone's drought status. Both Alaska and Hawaii still have some drought issues too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drought Monitor for Whole USA

Bookmark   June 15, 2011 at 12:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
miraje(7a)

A friend of mine brought up an interesting point yesterday. He argued that our early and persistent heat wave here in Oklahoma is due to the exceptional drought conditions across much of Texas since our prevailing winds are usually from south and southwest. So, even though our drought conditions here are not as bad, we're affected by it as well.

Bookmark   June 15, 2011 at 12:33PM
More Discussions
Weed ID
(so I know I promised to never complain again, so I'm...
Lisa_H OK
ID help
I love spring time. I get to start cleaning out the...
jlhart76
2015 Tomato Grow List
Seed-starting time is approaching, so here's my grow...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
tornados
I am so freakin sick of tornados!
Amanda Odom
First post
This is my first try at posting. Did it work
stockergal
Sponsored Products
PlayStar 46 x 90 in. Playset Tarp - 46900
$54.99 | Hayneedle
Live Miniature Hula Girl Fairy Rose - Set of Two
$16.99 | zulily
Nourison Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: South Beach Chocolate 5' x 7' 6"
Home Depot
Lithonia Lighting Outdoor Lighting. Wall Mount Outdoor Dark Bronze LED Wall Cyli
Home Depot
Tipsy Wood and Metal Wine Rack
$79.99 | Dot & Bo
Crosby Natural Thermal Insulated 80-by-72 inch Tab Top Foamback Curtains
$60.95 | Bellacor
Five Seasons Montecito Cream and Sky Blue 5 Ft. 10 In. X 9 Ft. 2 In. Indoor/Outd
$141.00 | Bellacor
Cosmos Bath and Vanity
Lightology
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™