What kind of eggs are these??

shiollie(z5 MI)July 3, 2006

They are only on one part of the passie that is arial, Ihave never seen these before. Do you think they are butterfly eggs??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mystyspassion(Z6 NJ)

Did you ever find out what kind of eggs these are? The reason Im asking is that early this morning I went out for my 5am touchy/feely time with my Passi's; and I started wiping off what I thought were Dust or Tiny Bug Specs on a Lower Leaf of my Sapphire and then after I wiped most off I realized this specky dust was hanging in the air. So I bent down and took a closer look and I realized it was the same "egg" you have pictured above. I only have 2 left on mine but they weren't on a stem they are actually standing straight up on the top of a large Bottom Leaf; which I thought was odd; you would think that whatever layed them would want them protected under the leaf. I figure I will leave them alone 2 eggs can't do all that much harm.

Bookmark   July 8, 2006 at 6:56AM
eclpsprinc(Z9 CA)

Lacewing eggs? Those are good guys!

Bookmark   July 8, 2006 at 8:07PM
shiollie(z5 MI)

Thank you soooooo much eclpsprinc!!! yes, they are indeed lacewing eggs. the eggs in the above pic are almost ready to hatch, I do hav one plant that is getting eaten by spider mites so I am thinking that they will have lots to eat. Just as a side note I found a fresh egg on one of my brugs( it is still green) and on the next leaf there is a cluster of aphids.. can you say dinner bell?? LOL

Bookmark   July 9, 2006 at 2:24PM
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

i wish I would of read this like an hour ago lol! I just brushed of a bunch of those from some lav ladies.. they are freaky looking.
~SJN

Bookmark   July 15, 2006 at 5:21PM
More Discussions
So I have Passiflora incarnata...
and even after the horrible winter last year, it took...
plantlust
Plant Passion Fruit Seeds in Comntainers
I have purchased purple passion fruit seeds for planting...
charlieboring
Passiflora Manta
I have a new little Passiflora Manta, and it had only...
seaecho1
Corkystem passion vine grow with purple passion vine?
Ok.. I have two passion vine plants in my backyard,...
angelimperfect36
Passiflora frederick
Looking to buy some mature P. frederick cuttings. Want...
gardenfreak
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™