Should I wait?
Hello all. I'm just starting to look at the lovely plants that are peonies and received a phone call from a friend that ordered three of them and received 6 in the mail. She called the company that shipped them, and they told her that they wouldn't survive shipment back, so she offered to give me one.
I didn't ask a lot of questions when she offered it (all I heard was FREE PLANT!!) I know it's a tree peony...and it's purple. Everywhere I've looked online it says to plant in the fall for better plants the next year. If this is the case, can I store the plant until this fall? Where? How? I'm guessing it's bare root since it was shipped, but am not sure, and I don't know if this makes a difference. I don't want the plant to die before the fall, but don't want the plant to die in the ground if I'm planting at the wrong time.