Wilted / Dying Passionfruit

sorioldJuly 20, 2013

Hi there,

This is my first post to this wonderful forum and hopefully one of you experienced gardeners can help my wife and I with our wilted (dying) passionfruit. We planted it together with over 300 plants approximately 3 weeks ago in Los Angeles, when the weather was very hot. Even when it arrived, the plant looked somewhat wilted but still nicely green. We then had to go away for a week and the person installing the drip system only provided the plant with 2 minutes of water every day, which I am sure would not have been enough. I attached some pictures and would appreciate any help. Our soil is approximately 60% sand, 30% loan and 10% clay.

In the meantime, we removed all the wrinkly looking fruit on the vine and trimmed it back over 2 weeks ago but still no luck. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Stefan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones(Mo6b)

Patience is the key. It is in shock and needs time and water and some shade. Water it deeply for a week or more and cover it with landscape fabric. You can cut it all the way back to the ground or leave it - it will lose its leaves, but should leaf out again in time.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 12:04PM
More Discussions
Help with Passion Flower leaves spotting
Hello, I'm hoping to find some help with my Passion...
gkblair
Florida Collectors-Update
I ran across an old thread that was pretty informative,...
morningloree
Plant Passion Fruit Seeds in Comntainers
I have purchased purple passion fruit seeds for planting...
charlieboring
Prepare Banana Passion Vine seeds for sprouting
There is so much conflicting info on the web. Do I...
MrsLizzyNorCal Suns17-USDA9b
Lavender Lady Bloom in January
Its a bit beaten up due to weather...
merkity
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™