Ordered my Christmas present : )

christie_sw_mo(Z6)December 15, 2012

I decided I needed a new camera for Christmas. I've had my Sony for 5 years and it's been fritzing out. My daughter took pictures outside with it when it was misting and it still works but the mode changes all by itself and it blinks now.
Bestbuy had this Canon Powershot SX260 on sale for $199 that had good reviews.
I'll be looking for flowers and butterflies to test it on to see how it does with close-ups but it's the wrong time of year for that.

Here is a link that might be useful: Canon Powershot SX260 at Bestbuy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 3:46PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

I'm anxious too. It's going to be hard to leave it in the box until Christmas. Cameras have improved so much in the last few years, I'm pretty sure I'll get better photos than I did with my old one.

Canon makes a point-and-shoot now that zooms up to 50x (for about twice as much money as I'm spending). That's just hard to believe. My goodness, you could probably take a picture of a bird a half a mile away with that thing. lol I'm putting it on my If-I-Ever-Win-The-Lottery list along with my attached two story sun room/garden conservatory filled with tropical plants. : )

Here is a link that might be useful: Canon with 50x zoom

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 10:00AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

I decided to try out my new Sony SX260 before Christmas. I'm sure it's a great camera but I wasn't impressed with the macro shots. They didn't seem to be as good as the ones I took with my old camera. I took it back and got a Sony instead. I haven't tried it out yet. We'll see if I can control myself and wait until Christmas.

Bookmark   December 21, 2012 at 1:51PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

You sound like a little kid and that is a good thing. At least you found out you didn't like the camera and traded quickly.

My "new" camera that I have had a while is not any better than the old one that I ruined evidently by taking pictures in the snow when it was bitterly cold.

The old camera cost about $100 and the newer one was twice that. It works but sometimes I think the cheaper one took better pictures. I hope you got a good one this time.

Bookmark   December 21, 2012 at 11:10PM
More Discussions
New plantings
As you may (or may not) be aware, I moved to Springdale...
dbarron
Fall Color l0 Days Ago (White now!)
Miscanthus by cellar: One of my very few remaining...
gldno1
my thoughts on peppers
I don't eat hot peppers but I have found that the horn...
helenh
some projects
rebuilt steps
mocountryboys
Merry Christmas!
First winter and first Christmas here in Bella Vista...
sharbear50
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™