mosswitch question

helenh(z6 SW MO)December 27, 2010

I have been buying bulbs on sale and have hit all the places near me. I am wondering if there are any bulbs on sale at Jane, MO or Bentonville. You seem to get around. I wondered if you have looked lately. It would be silly of me to drive down there at this late date wouldn't it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mosswitch

We've been really busy this month, we now have a 4 yr old grandson living with us(!!) so we haven't been around much this month. Where we have been, I've looked for bulbs and haven't seen any, anywhere. I did look at some nurseries in Rogers/Bentonville back at the first of the month, they were all gone already then. Gail might still have some at Ozark Nursery.

Sandy

Bookmark   December 27, 2010 at 2:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

Gail still had bulbs when I was there last but they weren't marked down and I didn't ask. Hers were in small packages. I don't need bulbs, I am bargain hunting and being obsessive. I got perennials from her 80% off which is stealing. She has done her inventory so I hope she took that sale sign down. Just because something is cheap doesn't mean you need a million. Daffodils bulbs last 50 years if you don't mow them and if the brush doesn't grow over them, that is what I am telling myself and that planting them is good exercise. I'll bet you had an exciting Christmas with a 4 year old around.

Bookmark   December 27, 2010 at 5:48PM
More Discussions
Elderly gardeners
Dup post...didn't show up for me and I reposted...pls...
dbarron
A Sample of My Country-Style Gardening
This combo is all self-seeding annuals: Salvia farinacea;...
gldno1
Fall Color l0 Days Ago (White now!)
Miscanthus by cellar: One of my very few remaining...
gldno1
Cold November
Accuweather is predicting a low of 12 for Monday. Brrrr Do...
christie_sw_mo
New plantings
As you may (or may not) be aware, I moved to Springdale...
dbarron
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™