Palms/Houseplants and Osmocote plus fertilizer?

neonaeraFebruary 8, 2013

Hi guys!

I have a lot of Osmocote plus, at the moment.. I was wondering if bamboo palm likes granular time-released fertilizers? And also other houseplants in general as well? (rubber plant, peace lilies? I have them). I have a lot of Osmocote plus sitting around.. I don't see enough reviews on this product.. I bought it for my planted aquariums, but I'm unsure about it used in soil for houseplants, I'm sure it's fine, but I want you guys opinions on it.. so I just want to know if it's really good or not. I've been thinking about getting Schultz All Purpose Plant food 10-15-10, which is on sale, should I opt for it or stick with Osmocote?

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PNW_blackthumb

Since no one has replied yet, I'll take an educated guess and say that it's fine. I used granular time-release fertilizer on all of my houseplants, including palms. The bamboo palm is a fairly easy to take care of, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. When it comes to palms, I like to make sure the fertilizer I use has magnesium in it, since some species are very hungry for it!

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 5:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
though i grow most of my plants in pots mainly because
my soil is so poor they are outdoors exposed to the elements and I seldom fertilize particularly palms but do use slow release on all flowering plants
how do you use it on aquarium plants?? in my ponds I use fruit tree fert., in tanks I use flourish excel though on the Lace plants I use boiled peat only . Afraid of algae .
gary

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 7:18AM
More Discussions
Windmill Palm Fronds Shriveling!
For about a year now I've had this Windmill Palm planted...
windmillfan
Windmill survival opinion
I have a windmill, only about 1 foot of trunk, maybe...
islandbreeze
Germinating Bismarckia nobilis in cool subtropical climate
Hi, I am on Pico island in the Azores and there is...
PicoAzores
What's happening here?
One of my young cocos is showing these odd spots?I...
coconutman
Help! What is wrong with my Windmill Palm?
My windmill palm is approximately 6 yrs old. Today...
lulupalooza06
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™