Report on the New Pruners

gldno1December 3, 2011

Christie, I wanted to thank you for suggesting them! I finally made it out to the vegetable garden this morning and used the pruners to clean out about 40 feet of fence. I used them to cut down and prune clems, tomatoes, poke and some huge flower stalks of Kiss-me-over-the-Garden Gate which are like sticks.

They worked smooth as butter. I got the ones where the thumb side rotates. I haven't used the loppers yet except for a couple of trial cuts.

I got all the tomatoes pulled and piled, all the peppers and now just have the east end of old corn stalks to do. I may be using the loppers on that end.

I need to stick a few cloves of garlic in the ground too.

The first nice day when the ground isn't too wet, I will till.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helenh(z6 SW MO)

Sounds like you got a lot done today. It looks like cold weather is coming. It was dreary today but at least it wasn't cold.

Bookmark   December 3, 2011 at 7:07PM
gldno1

It rained here yesterday afternoon; I haven't checked the rain gauge yet.

I probably didn't work much over an hour. It's funny how you dread doing something and think it will take all day and once you start it is over very quickly!

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 7:14AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

I'm glad they're working out for you Glenda. I know you wouldn't want to give up gardening.
You're a hard worker. Sounds like you got an awful lot done in an hour. I didn't plant any garlic this fall. I need a good garlic press of some sort otherwise it's easier to just grab the powdered garlic out of the cabinet.

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 8:34AM
More Discussions
Craft fairs
I will have company visiting the week of Oct. 14. They...
helenh
So......has any ever grown......?
Abelia mosanensis? Or Nemesia cheiranthus 'Shooting...
mocountryboys
Sorted Garden Seeds
I finally did it and am very proud of myself. I even...
gldno1
Joplin Globe column for Sunday Feb 8
I keep forgetting to post my column on here. Hope you...
mosswitch
Ozark Chinquapin(Chinkapin)
Anyone have this variety of Chestnut, Castanea pumila,...
razorback33
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™