Garden helper animal pictures

helenh(z6 SW MO)December 6, 2012

This is Beau who gets no attention because he is very sensible and mature. This is Honey who took my winter sowing milk jug and made holes in it for me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

Awww both are so sweet looking. It was nice of Honey to make the drainage holes for you. lol Beau looks wise.

I have white stuffing scattered around my back yard from the dog toys. Jackson and Chloe play tug-of-war with them until they rip. Jackson looks like he thinks he's accomplished something big when the stuffing starts coming out. He keeps pulling it out until he can't get to any more. We watch for clearance dog toys or recycle the kids old stuffed animals and don't expect them to last long.

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 8:26PM
gldno1

At this point Sugar tends more like Honey! Except she won't stay with me when I am working outside.

You know me Helen,I would choose Beau. He looks very serene.

Honey is a cutie though.

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 8:29AM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

When Beau was younger I couldn't leave my shoes outside the door. You will have to wait a few years before Sugar gets sensible. When Honey is good, I worry that he is sick.

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 12:03PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

On these sunny nice days I have been trying to place big, flat rocks at the front of my house. Every rock I try to move has a dog sitting on it. When I brought the rocks home Beau jumped in the truck when I put the tailgate down and was in the way. Honey was below the tailgate so I had to be careful not to drop rocks on him. It is wonderful to have so much help. Honey is a little vole killing machine and Beau has a rotten thing that I could not identify. When I bend over or get on the ground they both try to lick me in the face. I scream when they do this and although I live way out in the country, I wonder what my neighbors think.

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 2:39PM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

Funny Helen. They like to be with you when you're working. Sounds like they get in the way but I bet they keep the rabbit population down in your yard as well as the voles and moles. Wish I could teach mine to fill the hole back in after they dig up a mole.

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 6:55AM
More Discussions
So......has any ever grown......?
Abelia mosanensis? Or Nemesia cheiranthus 'Shooting...
mocountryboys
Ozark Chinquapin(Chinkapin)
Anyone have this variety of Chestnut, Castanea pumila,...
razorback33
Sorted Garden Seeds
I finally did it and am very proud of myself. I even...
gldno1
my thoughts on peppers
I don't eat hot peppers but I have found that the horn...
helenh
Elderly gardeners
Dup post...didn't show up for me and I reposted...pls...
dbarron
Sponsored Products
Frog Garden D├ęcor
$6.99 | zulily
Gnome Couple Salt & Pepper Set
| Dot & Bo
Bungalow Flooring Door Mats Multi Color 18 in. x 27 in. Neoprene Dad's Spring
$24.97 | Home Depot
Bottle Grinder Set of 2 by Menu
$59.95 | Lumens
Cotswold Path Light by Kichler
$175.00 | Lumens