snow again?

helenh(z6 SW MO)December 9, 2013

It is coming down fast.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a(6a)

Helen, it looks like we got about 2" here in Springfield and still light flurries coming down. How is it looking in your neck of the woods?

Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:51PM
regencylass(5a)

We've just gotten a light dusting so far today. We often get what Springfield gets...we just get it a couple hours later. Right now the temp here is in the mid teens, with a wind chill in the single digits, so the snow could bypass us and leave us with little more than just the cold. I wish we'd get a decent snow, though, as we need the insulation and moisture it provides.

Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 10:46PM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

The snow I got last time was all dirty and ugly so this made it prettier. It is light snow now and I don't think it is much more than an inch or so. My state highway is all white no clear spots at all. I am very glad to have the snow for insulation although it never got as cold here as they predicted. The forecast tomorrow morning is 10 and that was the low I got before. I have not seen any highway dept. trucks through this whole stormy period. My animals expect to get to come in now.

Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 12:15AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

We got about four inches. My kids are home from school again today, their third snow day and it's not even mid December.

Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:12AM
sunnyside1(z6/SW Mo.)

I'd say we got four inches of very light, fluffy snow here in Joplin, although I haven't been out yet to measure. It's cold, and was very cold last night. In fact, it's the first time in my long life I have ever worn two pair of socks.

"My" birds are cold and hungry out there. I've been tossing seed from the back door, but feeders need to be recharged.

I'm starting to need my Wal-Mart Fix -- have plenty of food in, but sure miss seeing fellow humans. Maybe will get out Thursday. Maybe. I'd make a terrible pioneer.
Sunny

Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:05AM
helenh(z6 SW MO)

My low was 7; that is the coldest so far this year. The sun is out so maybe it will start to melt.

Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:51AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

We've gotten a bit colder here Helen. I think we had a night that got down to 1 above but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what Springfield's low is so far?

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 6:52AM
More Discussions
ordered seeds for cucurbita ficifolia -Shark Fin Melon
After spending some time on Gardenweb and Google doing...
christie_sw_mo
Joplin Globe column for Sunday Feb 8
I keep forgetting to post my column on here. Hope you...
mosswitch
Ozarkers locations
I think it is time to start a new thread on where we...
aniseb
Planted some seeds
I finally got part of my plant light stand cleaned...
gldno1
Rainfall ?
Hi everyone. What amounts of rainfall have you had...
dirtguy50 SW MO z6a
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™