Passion vine has white dust on leaves

winniethepooh65July 4, 2005

I live in Vancouver BC and have been very sucessful in growing a passion vine. Last year and this year it has produces an unlimited amount of flowers and has grown (what seems) several inches a day. Yesterday I went out and noticed that some of the leaves have turned yellow and withered and on others there is what appears to be white dust. I am crushed at the thought of loosing my beautiful passion vine. Could this be fungus or ???

Any thought on this would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baci(z10Ca)

You might have powdery mildew. I use a baking soda solution to treat it; some people use milk.
You need to watch your other plants as it can spread. Make sure they have good ventilation.

Bookmark   July 5, 2005 at 12:07AM
winniethepooh65

Thanks for the information. I will try the milk. I had an ant problem next to the vine and went out and placed ant traps...........the ants are now gone and I am wondering if they were keeping the vine clear of disease??? Lesson learnt is one should never mess with mother nature

Bookmark   July 6, 2005 at 7:25PM
baci(z10Ca)

winniethepooh65, I read an article regarding powdery mildew on mangoÂs in the California Rare Fruit Growers magazine, & I thought I would pass it along. It said skim milk should be used  1 park milk to 9 parts water as a weekly spray. The low fat content of the milk reduces odor. If the concentration is above 3 parts milk, another fungus can grow on the plants. Other recommendations in included the baking soda & sulfur sprays.

Bookmark   July 10, 2005 at 10:14AM
More Discussions
Oaklandia Bloom
Oaklandia blooms, has climbed up a tree to about 2...
morningloree
Lavender Lady Bloom in January
Its a bit beaten up due to weather...
merkity
Passionflower never bloomed in 3-4yrs
I was given a Passiflora vine about 4yrs. ago. I am...
rcharles_gw
passiflora caerulea
I have a packet of Passiflora caerulea seed. I tried...
theodosiaunderwood
Corkystem passion vine grow with purple passion vine?
Ok.. I have two passion vine plants in my backyard,...
angelimperfect36
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™