Strybing sale this Saturday

mark4321_gwJuly 7, 2010

I just thought I'd let people in Northern California know that one of the monthly Strybing sales is this Saturday at 10:00 A.M.

It's a great way to expand your collection with good sized plants that are more often than not blooming size, and frequently in bud. Prices for most things are $15, with a few $18 or $20.

I've bought the following at the monthly sales: P. x exoniensis, P. x exoniensis x parritae, P. parritae, P. loefgrenii Iporanga, P. gritensis, "P. parritae x caerulea 'Constance Eliot'", P. 'Mission Dolores', and perhaps one or two that I'm forgetting. I'm sure Eric's list is much longer.

If they don't have something you are looking for you can always ask, and sometimes they'll run back and get it for you. The true experts man the Passiflora (and other) tables, and they can answer just about any question you have. These sales are not to be missed.

Of course they sell many plants that are not Passifloras. Even the sales featuring a certain type of plant sell the whole range.

This P. x exoniensis was a $15 plant last March, in a 1 gallon pot, in bud:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mark4321_gw

I forgot the link!

Here is a link that might be useful: Strybing sales

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 9:30PM
pshawn(9B, California)

I agree that these sales are not to be missed if you're in the area or can be!!!

I also wanted to ask: does anyone have a plant of this supposed parritae x 'Constance Elliot' cross that has flowered? There was some discussion about this cross previously on the forum...

shawn

Bookmark   July 8, 2010 at 12:43AM
mark4321_gw

Shawn,

I was told that quite a few of those seedlings have bloomed and they all look like parritae x antioquiensis.

Mine has not bloomed, although I keep looking for buds...

Bookmark   July 8, 2010 at 1:54AM
More Discussions
Corkystem passion vine grow with purple passion vine?
Ok.. I have two passion vine plants in my backyard,...
angelimperfect36
Help with Passion Flower leaves spotting
Hello, I'm hoping to find some help with my Passion...
gkblair
Passiflora Manta
I have a new little Passiflora Manta, and it had only...
seaecho1
interested in breeding cold tolerant passiflora for flowers and f
Hi all. I recently moved to a cold climate and is like...
caricapapaya
Plant Passion Fruit Seeds in Comntainers
I have purchased purple passion fruit seeds for planting...
charlieboring
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™