New robellini browning

bshirkMarch 18, 2014

I have read alot of posts about this subject and it seems like numerous factors could cause browning. Im a little confused about what issue may apply to my situation. I want to get it taken care of before any irreversible damage occurs.
About a month ago I purchased a robellini from Home Depot. My "soil" in my yard is almost 100% sand so I purchased a miracle grow soil for in ground plants and mixed in about 40% with my existing sand. I planted it in a spot where it gets alot of sun, like the info on the plant said to. The younger fronds have started to take on a bronzish hue. None of them have died completely or fallen off. Could this be caused by a fungal issue. I also am worried that something in the miracle grow soil may be causing damage too.

Please help!
Thanks,
Beck

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tropicbreezent

If it had been kept in shade previously the sudden move out into full sun could be the problem. They need to be hardened up gradually. Also overhead watering if your in a cooler climate. That does promote crown rot, and that results in spear pull.Check if the newer fronds will come out with a gentle pull.

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 3:17AM
More Discussions
Spindle palm pot size?
Hey guys. It's been hovering around 0F here, with jaunts...
Cally Paparelli
How to trim a half dead palm..
Hello! I have a large palm that has been in my house...
thrghbrdjmpr
Windmill Palm Fronds Shriveling!
For about a year now I've had this Windmill Palm planted...
windmillfan
Bangalow Palm Separation - Triple Planted
hi, i had just separated Bangalow Palms that i just...
acaryofyllis
Please help identify my cycad
Hi all, I bought a cycad from a palm nursery that was...
aramat
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™