Indoor Passiflora caerulea Pruning HELP!

jaybea20August 28, 2014

Hi there! I am ecstatic that my Passion Vine just opened a flower today (people, I mean jumping up and down as if I won the lottery-I'm a geek, I know).

I'm creating a "living wall"...really just shaping the vine the way I want up a tall wall in my morning room. My idea is to make it in the shape of a tree, about 2 feet across and as high as it will go. I am using 3 plants potted in one large pot.

Anyway, onto the help-I have noticed several tendrils that seem "crisp" and weak, like they almost could break or I could pull them off as opposed to the bright green strong
tendrils. Should I clip these hard crisper ones off, so the plant can give more nutrients to the healthy tendrils, buds, etc? Or would it harm the plant if I do that?

PS-I have no idea if this cool live wall thing will work, just thought it would be a fun change of pace to try.

Thanks in advance for any help!
J

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaybea20

Another Pic---ahh, I am in love, at least for the day the flower will be there. lol

Bookmark   August 28, 2014 at 3:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Guinnevtra(7)

I tried the living wall thing with my first passiflora that has since passed away, may it rest in peace. It did wonderfully, but It was hard to keep off my blinds, lol! I am not sure what you mean by crisp, are they still green?

Bookmark   October 9, 2014 at 4:16PM
More Discussions
Oaklandia Bloom
Oaklandia blooms, has climbed up a tree to about 2...
morningloree
Mark4321!
p. Preciosa is coming along and is now two feet long!...
eloise_ca
Passiflora Manta
I have a new little Passiflora Manta, and it had only...
seaecho1
Incarnata fruit varieties
Are there any P. Incarnata varieties that have been...
tjasko
Corkystem passion vine grow with purple passion vine?
Ok.. I have two passion vine plants in my backyard,...
angelimperfect36
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™