Anybody here grows Lotus Bloom peony?

KarenPA_6bApril 24, 2013

I am having trouble with my Lotus Bloom peony. The stems are very weak and the flower buds about the size of a dime, are already causing the stems to droop. I notice that the droopiness happens more when the weather is hot and humid. I am wondering if anybody out there experience the same problems with this peony? I would appreciate to hear your experience. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
KarenPA_6b

My Lotus Bloom peony struggled with droopiness intermittently but it seems to recover and put out a few blooms.

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 10:39AM
lizbest1(5)

It looks like a very pretty bloom. Have you tried the azomite that has been suggested in several strings on the forum? It's supposed to make the stems grow stronger....Good luck with it!

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 10:19PM
lizbest1(5)

Hey kousa, I was looking back for the divided tree peony post and came across this one. A & D Nursery sent Lotus Bloom as a bonus peony on my order this year, I'll have to watch it's performance and remember to post back about it next spring! It's a very pretty bloom, hopefully it won't be incredibly finicky.

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 10:27PM
KarenPA_6b

It definitely needs support. The stems are really weak. I was able to find azomite locally and bought some earlier this month . I will apply some this fall and next spring and see if it helps. I will let you know of the result. Eventhough it was a new plant this spring,it put out 4 blooms. It is supposed to be floriferous. It bloomed earlier than all other peonies I had at the time.

This post was edited by kousa on Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 22:46

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 10:41PM
lizbest1(5)

That's pretty good for a 1st year plant! Hopefully the azomite will help with the stem strength. I bought some last spring but only used it on a few I put in pots, plan to spread it around in the spring. We'll have to compare notes on how much it seemed to help.

Bookmark   September 27, 2013 at 1:29AM
More Discussions
Springhill Kirinmaru Peony
I just received Kirinmaru Peony from Springhill. The...
KarenPA_6b
Herbacious peony growing with tree peony
I have a tree peony in my garden that is 4/5 yrs old...
raptor1
Peony Molly the Witch
Hello - I planted a super root 2 years ago. Last year...
furbank
Peony pinching or deadheading
I picked up a peony in a planting pot that had about...
purslanegarden
Sponsored Products
Clean Earth - Pureayre Pure Ayre Pet Kit - 3227-4045
$39.99 | Hayneedle
Aqua Table Lamp
| Dot & Bo
Toikka Bird - Blue Bird by Iittala
$245.00 | Lumens
Blackboard with Bins
$24.99 | Dot & Bo
Red Cedar Octagon Walk-In Picnic Table
Fifthroom.com