Passiflora: yellow/dying leaves

sdaztec0(zone 10 (so ca))August 1, 2005

I have a Passiflora Alata (Ruby Glow), which is potted on the side of my house. It gets alot of sun and I water it about once per week. It does well for a short time in early summer (about 1 month), then many of the leaves turn yellow and fall off. The leaves that remain green often curl. The plant just doesnt look healthy. I dont see any pests, but I have sprayed it as a precaution. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mystyspassion(Z6 NJ)

I water all of my Passi's every other day; sometimes every day depending on the heat; and they all seem to do very well with this; also I lightly fertilize once a week with the Fertilizer that Dissolves in Water; and a 2 gallon's of fertilized water is split between 5 passi's. So it's just a light fertilization every week; but my plants seem to do really well from it; lots of large flowers; lots of new growth; very little dying; also with one of my Passi's I was having a Ant Problem; Ants seem to love my Margaret for Some Reason; so I sprayed it with a watered down bug killer; well since I did this many of the leaves are not doing well; I have never used a plant insecticide on my Passi's and I never will again; I personally think certain ones are too sensitive. None of my Passi's ever seem to have insect problems they all seem pretty tolerant in that respect. I tend to think it may be lack of a Nutrient; I would water a little more often and maybe try lightly fertilizing weekly. That's just what works for me though.

Bookmark   August 2, 2005 at 3:29PM
More Discussions
Incarnata fruit varieties
Are there any P. Incarnata varieties that have been...
tjasko
Passionflower bloom
Preciosa blooming today
morningloree
passiflora caerulea
I have a packet of Passiflora caerulea seed. I tried...
theodosiaunderwood
First 'Oaklandia' Bloom of the Season
From this, March, after being frozen all the way back: To...
Northbay12
Lavender Lady Bloom in January
Its a bit beaten up due to weather...
merkity
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™