online ordering peonies

newbie3005April 20, 2009

anyone ordered peonies from easytogrowbulbs.com?? their reviews are really good- on top 30 of watchdog list, I have not ordered anything yet, and realllly want about 15 peonies... anyone have experience with them for peonies? the reviews I did see, did not mention peonies specifically..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alina_1

I did not order from this site, but I ordered 2 Peonies from John Scheepers. I am very happy with the result. The divisions were not very big, but they were fresh and nice looking. One of them has tiny buds now. It was planted last fall! I am impressed.

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 3:48PM
maifleur01

If you read the information on the easy to grow bulbs site they are very up front that this is the first year that they have sold peonies. Therefore they have no history/reviews for peonies. For the price expect a small 1 or 2 eye root.

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 8:25PM
diannp

You will be better off in the long run buying from an established peony grower such as Hollingsworth or Klehm, and others. You may pay a bit more, but as with all things, you get what you pay for.

Bookmark   April 22, 2009 at 11:08PM
ywilliam(z2/3 AK)

Others that are great are:
Paeonia.com
Hiddenspringsflowerfarm.com
peonyparadise.com or
reathsnursery.com

Enjoy!

Bookmark   April 23, 2009 at 2:46AM
daveinohio_2007(5)

Reaths website has not been updated for 2009: are they still in business?

Bookmark   April 23, 2009 at 9:29PM
maifleur01

Yes they are still in business. Many peony growers do not update their websites until later in the year. This is so that they know exactly what wintered over or is growing especially well providing more eyes.

Bookmark   April 23, 2009 at 9:36PM
sapphireriver

I ordered one peony from them last fall. It came up even earlier than my two more established peonies, but it doesn't have any buds on it yet and it hasn't gotten very big as of right now. It does have very nice looking foliage though.

I have bought other things from easytogrowbulbs.com and I've had good luck with them.

Bookmark   April 25, 2009 at 12:26PM
anza2821(9ca)

Hello

Last week I went to Costco and the store had nice 2 gallon flowering peonies. It costs $10.99 each. I picked one that had one flower in bloom and 3 buds. I'm happy with my purchase as I have ordered online and it takes several years before it flowers for me.

Bookmark   April 27, 2009 at 7:38PM
alina_1

Here is the TP Shimanishiki I bought from Garden Crossings last year for about $18 (30% off sale):

Again, I am very impressed. They ship TP potted. Both TP I got from them look better than bareroot TP planted 2 years earlier.

Bookmark   April 30, 2009 at 11:00AM
msandra

question for "anza2821 ", may i know which Costco you went to? i m going to put up one if close. i live in north CA. thanks

Bookmark   May 5, 2009 at 12:50AM
More Discussions
Mulching peonies with limestone chips
Does anyone mulch their peonies with limestone chips...
enith
germinated peony seeds care
Tow seed started germinating about 2 months ago. the...
cumulus_nimbus
Springhill Kirinmaru Peony
I just received Kirinmaru Peony from Springhill. The...
KarenPA_6b
Wild Peony (Paeonia mascula) Update:
Hi, Last September I have got 20 Paeonia mascula seeds...
cumulus_nimbus
light requirements for Sorbet Peonies
Just ordered 4 from Michigan Bulb and the planting...
420benz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™