Citrina doing better inside

karyn1(7a)August 20, 2007

Well my citrinas have been inside for a couple weeks and seem much happier. No more yellow foliage. I guess they just can't stand the high heat. It does well in dappled shade until mid July, then the foliage starts to yellow and drop, even when I move them to full shade. I guess these will need to remain inside for most of the year. To bad because I hate having plants in the house.

Karyn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
misssherry(Z8/9SE MS)

I don't like having plants in the house either - I think p. citrina is one I won't order.
Sherry

Bookmark   August 20, 2007 at 9:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
angie83(9)

Mine died out side too it was just to hot even in the shade here was sad to lose it so fast we also have had a ton of rain that didnt help matters .I have lost about 3 do to the heat and rain but up and coming my favorite is this guy you cant kill it its a tuff plant and my GF butterflys love it.
Foetida

Didnt care for these at first but wow they bloom everyday and grow fast can bloom from seed in a few months and great for caterpillars .I like the pink better than the purple but both are a must for hot zones that would kill most plants.

Bookmark   September 8, 2007 at 5:08PM
More Discussions
Winter care for passion flower?
My passion flower is in the ground and is growing well...
gardenbug
Sick Passionfruit Leaves
Hi Any clue about this leaves disorder? It looks like...
jalilu
Best Edible Passiflora source (and varieties) in SoCal?
* * I want to grow a few delicious passiflora on my...
Baby G (Z10, 300?CH, SoCal-LA)
Another greenhouse...
So I fell over another passi place during an image...
Krstofer
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™