Tree Peonies blooming

roseperson(z5 S/E MI)May 15, 2006

Tree Peonies started blooming. For a short time they privide unbelievable show but rain spoils the show badly. We have been having rain for over a week and for the next two weeks we expect the trend to continue. Below are some pictures; despite almost continuous rain the peonies tried to stand out.

--Roseperson

Below is Tree Peony Hoki:

Below are pictures of Tree Peony ShimaNishiki:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jenny_in_se_pa(USDA7 Sunset 32)

Those are beautiful!!!!! I like that ShimaNishiki.

You should know by now like so many peony growers - as soon as they bloom, it rains and they ultimately flop over. LOL At least the tree ones don't actually flop thanks to their woody stems. :-D

Bookmark   May 15, 2006 at 1:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goodhors(z5 MI)

My area must be colder, and now with the rain it is cold again. My tree peonies are all still in bud, no flowers yet. I don't know how long the cold will delay them. Fernleaf peonies are starting to bloom, very pretty reds.

The photos sre beautiful! How old are the trees pictured? They look very full, with the large amount of flowers.

I planted the two-color tree last fall, however it is going to have to go a long way to look like your beauty!

Well at least you got photos before the rain came, they will last longer than the flowers and now you can look at them any time!

Bookmark   May 15, 2006 at 10:33PM
More Discussions
Peony sorbet and karl
I recently got some sorbet and karl rosenfield, i've...
kaesgarden
Springhill Kirinmaru Peony
I just received Kirinmaru Peony from Springhill. The...
KarenPA_6b
Desperate for Peonies in Texas
I would like to add peonies to my Central Texas garden,...
vuwugarden
I bought peony seeds, now what?
I bought two different types of peony seeds-I wasn't...
polypeptide
Herbacious peony growing with tree peony
I have a tree peony in my garden that is 4/5 yrs old...
raptor1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™