Passiflora Disease?

joshv21(NY Zone 5)September 11, 2013

Hey everyone!

So I recently got a rooted cutting of a Lady Margaret and at first it was growing great. But after a few weeks the leaves started getting small white/yellowish spots all over the top of the leaves. The new leaves that grow don't have the spots but after a few days the spots start appearing. The main vine ended up dying but a side vine was able to sprout up and is still growing slowly.
Now my questions are: 1.) Does anyone know if this is a disease, bacterial or viral? 2.) Is there any hope for saving my plant and getting rid of this problem?
Thank you for your help. -Josh

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mark4321_gw

Look for tiny red (or sometimes brown) creepy, crawly guys on the underside of the leaves--a magnifying glass helps. To the unaided eye they will probably just look like a few tiny specks (perhaps very few). These are spider mites. The easiest way to treat something this small is to spray the underside with a forceful spray of water. Often a handheld sprayer adjusted right is enough. Repeat every few days until they they seem to be gone and isolate them from other infected plants.

Bookmark   September 11, 2013 at 11:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joshv21(NY Zone 5)

Thank you very much Mark. I've been doing as you said and it looks like the little buggers are going away! Hopefully my Lady Margaret will start to recover now :)

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 8:46PM
More Discussions
interested in breeding cold tolerant passiflora for flowers and f
Hi all. I recently moved to a cold climate and is like...
caricapapaya
maypop fruit?
Two years ago I planted a maypop outside which flourished...
simba-nj
blue passiflora vine
I planted my passiflora in a pot and intend on trying...
cateyanne
Passion Fruit Vine?
I bought this plant looking to add it to my butterfly...
jane__ny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™