susanka

susankaMay 20, 2008

Hi -- Years ago I had a peony that was yellow and pink with lots of petals (I haven't grown peonies except this one that was already in my yard). I remember the tag had "sherbet" in the name, but I can't find it on a google search. Could anyone tell me what this peony might have been? Thanks very much. I want to plant some peonies in my new yard in Colorado.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houdinii

Was it pink on the edges with yellow "petals" or yellow "stamens" in the center?

Maybe there is one named "sherbet", otherwise could you be thinking of sorbet or raspberry sundae?

Bookmark   May 20, 2008 at 2:53PM
susanka

Hi, and thanks. They were lighter pink petals (not that real bright deep pink that some peonies are) with some yellow petals closer to the center, as I remember, and probably yellow stamens also, although I'm not sure about the stamens. The tag could have said "sorbet" although I remember it as sherbet. I know there was another word in the name also. I think I know what Japanese form is, and it wasn't that form with just a few petals, it had lots and lots of petals.

Thanks for getting past my failure to name my post; wish I could change it so people could see what I'm asking.

Bookmark   May 20, 2008 at 3:31PM
houdinii

Maybe "sherbet" was substituted in for "sundae" in raspberry sundae. A couple different pics of it are circulating on the internet, so maybe take a look at some of those to see if it is indeed that variety.

Did it have a fragrance? I planted a raspberry sundae last fall, but it won't bloom this year...maybe next year.

Bookmark   May 20, 2008 at 3:50PM
susanka

omigosh, what a gorgeous flower. I think mine was the reverse of this one, but I wonder if I'm remembering wrong. It was beautifully fragrant also.

Thanks again.

Bookmark   May 20, 2008 at 4:06PM
More Discussions
germinated peony seeds care
Tow seed started germinating about 2 months ago. the...
cumulus_nimbus
Sinking peonies
Most of my peonies are in raised beds, which over the...
calistoga_al
late in life experiment
After putting it off forever, I finally decided to...
bragu_DSM 5
Peony Molly the Witch
Hello - I planted a super root 2 years ago. Last year...
furbank
Itoh fertility
I know that Itoh peonies can't bear viable seeds, but...
pompomoranda
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™