hanakisoi peony very tempting

Joopster(5 (Chicago))May 13, 2014

I saw hanakisoi peony at my local nursery At $60. I was wondering if this peony tree will get to be 6ft tall in my zone like the tag said. Also, can anyone who own one share their pics? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pwin(7)

I'm going to be unhelpful and tell you I have Hanakisoi that is too young to bloom. However, I saw one of blooming size that was 5 1/2 feet tall in a tiny pot. Has the one in the nursery bloomed already? Some nurseries drop their prices after the peonies have bloomed. (It sounds expensive, but I don't know if that is the usual price where you live.)

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 9:14PM
Joopster(5 (Chicago))

No bloom yet. 3 buds ready to go. I'll wait and see if they drop the price. I know that last year they have Bartzillar left by September and I paid $5 for it. Hopefully, they'll have some hanakisoi left by then.

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 10:00AM
pwin(7)

Bartzella for 5$ is amazing. I had gotten one tree for $15 and an herbaceous for $5 last year and I had been pretty darn happy about that :) Over here, Hanakisoi is common in nurseries (the same 5 cultivars are sold all over). There are nurseries that sell it for $55, but there are others that sell it for $30, so I am biased against paying $60 for it.

Some manager/owners are willing to discount a plant after it blooms or at the end of the growing season if you talk to them. Sometimes, they're just eager to get rid of surplus. Though, that has only happened to me at the small nurseries.

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 12:46PM
More Discussions
Itoh peony Early Arrival
I purchased this plant 5 years ago, from a reputable...
beverlymnz4
Any ideas what kind of peony is this one?
Hi, I wonder if anyone knows ( or guesses ) the peony...
AlexUnder
Peonies Zone 9
I've read that tree peonies do better in my zone, however...
MK
Can peonies handle spring wet?
We moved to a new home a few years ago, and I've finally...
erikarochelle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™