Fatali peppers

s.s.tupperware(9b)January 21, 2009

Anyone growin any? I have a few seeds that are coming my way and wondered what kind of success ya had...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fiedlermeister(04/05)

Did well for me in a pot and they were quite hot

Bookmark   January 21, 2009 at 9:41AM
spencersmom(z7B Virginia Beach)

That's good news about the pot because I'm not 100% sure where everything is going yet.

My seeds are just starting to sprout. It's been about 2 weeks.

Bookmark   January 21, 2009 at 10:16AM
habbob(San Diego)

That is one of my favorites. Very lemony citrus flavor and smell. Hot as s--t btw. One of those and two carribean reds in some ground italian sausage was the best pizza I've ever had. Good producer in my opinion. Gorgeous gnarly looking bright yellow peppers.

The first time I cut one open, the smell was so unique that I will never forget it. Like the sweetest lemon you ever smelled but you could smell the heat as well.

-HabBob

Bookmark   January 22, 2009 at 2:13AM
chesnut_rabbit

I planted a few seeds at the end of December and have had zero germination. The seeds are two years old and we've had a bit of a cold snap, the ambient temperature in the house has been in the low 70's.

I'm going to try some more on a wet paper towel with a heating pad. I hope to that will work.

Bookmark   January 23, 2009 at 12:57AM
organicpepper_grower(Nova Scotia)

I use a mini green house (3x2x3.5) and a plant light along with a cfl bulb for heat, with that combo I can keep my greenhouse at about 30C and that helps with germination.

Bookmark   January 23, 2009 at 7:27AM
jtrux(9)

I am also trying my hand at the Fatalii. have what look like healthy sprouts, but unlike my other sprouts, the fatali does not seem to grow. I have the first set of leaves, and a second set of very small leaves (1/6 size of first leaves), both very green but have been at that stallmate for last 2 weeks. are these naturally slow growers? roots are growing out the bottom of my 4" round peat pots.

Jeremy

Bookmark   January 23, 2009 at 8:38AM
chesnut_rabbit

I'm happy to say, I have two seeds that have just popped up from the soil. It's been almost a month. Slow starting little boogers!
Hopefully they'll be worth the wait :D

Bookmark   January 28, 2009 at 11:14PM
s.s.tupperware(9b)

Well I am still waitin on my seeds from a fishin forum I am on... hope he comes thru I really want to try some...

Bookmark   January 29, 2009 at 7:12AM

Yep, Fataliis and Fishin' ... I can see the parallel. :)

My sprouts are very little. They took a couple weeks longer than the other varieties and I started them on 1/10/09. They are worth the wait though!

Bookmark   January 29, 2009 at 9:40AM
nas1234

I started them 2 weeks ago along with some other Chinenses, some Baccatum, and some Pubescens. At least one of everything has germinated except for the Fatali and the Piquin. But two weeks isn't long enough for me to give up hope.

Bookmark   January 29, 2009 at 12:04PM

Tupperware.. I may be able to help calm your Fatalii seed anxiety. Fire me an email if those seeds don't arrive.

Erin

Bookmark   January 30, 2009 at 10:47AM
chillithwillyway

Any 1 got extra seeds

for any crosses like naga X Bell or something

Email. Xavierdogbreeder@msn.com

Bookmark   February 1, 2009 at 6:43PM
kutang_tang

Hello everyone, been growing peppers for some time now, always frequent the forum, yet just getting to post. I have been growing Fatali peppers now for about 4 seasons here in Hawaii. I have always had good results in growing them. They have always been heavy producers, and been healthy. I enjoy the heat levels and aroma of them. I have plenty of seeds, if any would like, please contact me, I would be willing to trade some seeds for them. I grow over 40 different peppers here at my place, and would not mind sharing seeds.
Thanks

Bookmark   February 1, 2009 at 7:43PM
Fatallii68

I just got some Fatalli's from Hirts off of Amazon & they seem to growing very slowly. What is the usual growth rate of Fatallii peppers?

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 8:48PM
More Discussions
Pepper plant wilting
Not sure what's going on here. This plant nearly died...
uncle_flip
I had it bookmarked
It looks like it is the whole enchilada, not that cut...
ronnyb123
Sprouting leaves on peppers drying
My new leaves are going dark and drying off in most...
tomyres
Do Habs take longer to germinate?
I've only had one Hab germinate after 2 weeks and almost...
ozzy2001
Show Your Seedlings
After all that work, gathering seeds, trying to germinate,...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™